Ben o | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ben o

To be fair, it'swell known he is a Derby fan from a family of Derby fans, to me that shows exactly how commited he has been to Forest, especially considering some of the perfomances he's put in against the club he supports, even scoring a late winner at Pride Park in one of them.

That's commitment.

100% agree. Like I say, not a dig by any means from me. Just pointing out that I think his general professional manner is the reason he gives his all to forest rather than a personal love.

I’m going to go one further infact and say I think he’ll play for derby at some point in his career.

Don't know if it's beem mentioned elsewhere but SSN just reported breaking news that a deal has been agreed between Blunts & Forest for Spongeborn.

What is interesting to note is that Sky reckon their first bid was one that could rise to £3m. Fair play to us for knocking back what I presume would have been about £2-2.5m initially.

Bang on

His first game was Ipswich away after Bill had left and Brazil was in charge and our playoff campaign was collapsing.

That must have been 2014. Last year's 9th was by a mile the high point since then, and he has played the vast majority of the games. It's not wonder really.

I think there is also a point to make though about last season. It was a real opportunity for Ben to compete with much better players and rise to a higher level. I remember Lampard doing so at Chelsea, as a top level example.

In reality though, Ben didn't progress last season. He didn't rise, he stayed the same and consequently lost his permenent starting berth

He rarely has a consistent position and that's how players develop, in fits and starts. It's not one smooth curve. There's a reason why he's in the PL and we aren't.

BLADES STRIKE OSBORN DEAL

Sheffield United have reached agreement with Nottingham Forestover a deal for midfielder Ben Osborn.

United have been trying to land the 24-year old for the last fortnight, having had an original offer rising to £3m turned down by Forest, but it is understood the Blades made an improved second bid which has prompted agreement with the board at The City Ground.

Osborn scored 44 times in 230 first team appearances for Forest after arriving in Nottingham from Queens Park Rangers in 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------
44 goals???? Don't think so!!!!

Although he will be a Premier league player next season i still don't think he's up to that level.
Could be a struggle for him.
Good luck to him though.

Sheffield United have reached agreement with Nottingham Forestover a deal for midfielder Ben Osborn.

United have been trying to land the 24-year old for the last fortnight, having had an original offer rising to £3m turned down by Forest, but it is understood the Blades made an improved second bid which has prompted agreement with the board at The City Ground.

Osborn scored 44 times in 230 first team appearances for Forest after arriving in Nottingham from Queens Park Rangers in 2009

They're signing Blackstock :LOL:

Don't sell !!!!!!:grinning:

Whoosh. I appreciate it's warm and you're not especially bright but surely even you can join the dots. Go away, have a think about it and come back.
No, you don't get to pull the "whoosh" bollocks after making a stupid comment. And it was a stupid and thoughtless comment with zero intelligent subtext behind it.

Ben is in the PL because a rookie PL manager has taken a shine to him and fancies having a punt.

How exactly could that correspond to how a football club could be promoted?

Because Ben Osborn has won as many promotions as forest in the last 10 years

No, you don't get to pull the "whoosh" bollocks after making a stupid comment. And it was a stupid and thoughtless comment with zero intelligent subtext behind it.

Ben is in the PL because a rookie PL manager has taken a shine to him and fancies having a punt.

How exactly could that correspond to how a football club could be promoted?

Because Ben Osborn has won as many promotions as forest in the last 10 years

It's not complicated but I'll break it down into idiot chunks, though why you have to start with insults is beyond me, especially as you'll be claiming you're a victim of bullying as usual.

1) the PL is higher than the championship. Do I need to provide evidence of this or can one assume even you grasp this?

2) Ben is in the PL

3) We are not

4) it's not a direct comparison but a player is absolutely capable of achieving a higher level than a club can. Again would you like a list of players that fit that criteria?

It's a throwaway comment that you've chosen extremely aggressively to start an argument over. No kids or pensioners for you too bully today?

It's not complicated but I'll break it down into idiot chunks, though why you have to start with insults is beyond me, especially as you'll be claiming you're a victim of bullying as usual.

1) the PL is higher than the championship. Do I need to provide evidence of this or can one assume even you grasp this?

2) Ben is in the PL

3) We are not

4) it's not a direct comparison but a player is absolutely capable of achieving a higher level than a club can. Again would you like a list of players that fit that criteria?

It's a throwaway comment that you've chosen extremely aggressively to start an argument over. No kids or pensioners for you too bully today?

Alright then CP, let's go back to what you said shall we?

"There's a reason why Ben is in the PL and we are not".

What is that reason then? What reasons for a player getting to a higher division via a sale could possibly apply to a club?

If you want to say it about Mcgoldrick then fair enough. He has just won promotion. Ben has won nothing more than the Brian Clough trophy

Alright then CP, let's go back to what you said shall we?

"There's a reason why Ben is in the PL and we are not".

What is that reason then? What reasons for a player getting to a higher division via a sale could possibly apply to a club?

If you want to say it about Mcgoldrick then fair enough. He has just won promotion. Ben has won nothing more than the Brian Clough trophy

Again it's a throwaway statement but if we must pick it apart:

We want to get to the PL.
We can't get to the PL.
Ben wants to get to the PL.
Ben has got to the PL.

It was a not so subtle barb at some fans who have been quick to criticise him or failed to understand his attributes.

Ben is operating at a higher level than the club is now, how that will work out we'll just have to see but I'd not be surprised to see him lining up against us the season after.

He rarely has a consistent position and that's how players develop, in fits and starts. It's not one smooth curve. There's a reason why he's in the PL and we aren't.

Not all players improve for playing in different positions; not all players can play in other positions.

But you are correct, players do not develop in a linear fashion.

Pope does have a point though; you would have expected a degree of improvement from Osborn for having better players around him and that was not evident.

Maybe he had other things on his mind; he was fairly confident he would be allowed to leave last January if his old man was to be believed.

Again it's a throwaway statement but if we must pick it apart:

We want to get to the PL.
We can't get to the PL.
Ben wants to get to the PL.
Ben has got to the PL.

It was a not so subtle barb at some fans who have been quick to criticise him or failed to understand his attributes.

Ben is operating at a higher level than the club is now, how that will work out we'll just have to see but I'd not be surprised to see him lining up against us the season after.

And yet the reasons why a player (and particularly this player) could get into the PL do not remotely correspond with how a club would do so.

I understood exactly what you meant and what kind of barb it was. I called it stupid because as a barb it just doesn't work.

As usual, someone disagrees with your point and your opening assumption is that they must be too thick to understand it, rather than accept the possibility that someone thinks you are full of it