Ben Gibson | Vital Football

Ben Gibson

Out for 3 months minimum by the sounds of it . Not good news . I really hope Zimbo can cover ...I don’t want to see Teabag in central defence !

Here we are again down to two fit CBs (always need 4 in a squad). Hopefully Gibson will return for PreSeason but we will need to sign another if not going with Famewo/Omobamidele. We can't have a season with three CBs again and all three have had injury issues.

I have this feeling that Zimmermann will pick up a knock. DF can't play Tettey there. He is so slow. Play the young Omobamidele if it comes to that.

Gibson out for the rest of the season , with surgery required on ankle ligament injury . Over to you Zimmerman!

Clearly even with signing Gibson we are going to need to spend big on a Prem class central defender in the summer . Can anyone seeing the Smiffs actually spending the money ?

Clearly even with signing Gibson we are going to need to spend big on a Prem class central defender in the summer . Can anyone seeing the Smiffs actually spending the money ?
Nope. Even tucks in his article doubts we would spend 6/7 million on vaulks.

We have been linked with Dutch central defender Sam Beukema. He is 22-year-old and is currently playing for Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch second league. He has scored 7 goals in 28 games.

Sounds decent but then you read the next part and it sounds like another player we might not see play....'the defender wouldn't currently qualify for a GBE, the points-based system that needs to be met for him to be eligible to play for City, but the Canaries could sign him and then loan him out to an Eredivisie club until he meets the necessary requirements.'