Before you Go! - Important from Steve Rowland | Vital Football

Before you Go! - Important from Steve Rowland

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
We are all very excited about the start of the new league season on Saturday and with some justification. We have a new owner, a new manager, an evolving team and a fresh playing surface for them to entertain us on.
A lot of work has been going on during the closed season to make improvements around the stadium: cleaning, decorating, improved signage and cctv, new family stand, new TV screens, upgraded concessions. There is more to be done but we hope you will notice and approve of the gradual improvements around the place.
There are some other changes which you should be aware of as a result of considerations by the Board:

As from this season no under 2 year-olds will be admitted to the ground on match days and all under 14s must be accompanied by an appropriate adult. In addition, kindly note that bags must not exceed A4 in size and no flasks, bottles, food or drink may be brought into the stadium.
The club has also engaged additional security/stewarding for the concourses. We hope you will find the stewards’ attitude towards fans refreshingly friendly, considerate and polite this season, but firm when required.
Just for your information, Blackpool FC is being monitored closely by the EFL in the wake of incidents at a couple of home games towards the end of last season. We really don’t want to come to their attention for anything that contravenes ground regulations as that could have repercussions for the club as well as for individuals – and the last thing we want is passionate Blackpool fans being excluded from watching their team play.
As a reminder then, no smoking is permitted in any part of the stadium (and that includes e-cigarettes); no pyrotechnics are permitted into games; there should be no persistent standing in seated areas, in gangways or in front of the stands; racist and homophobic language will not be tolerated; neither will encroachments onto the pitch.
These are clear conditions of entry and they apply across all league grounds. They are there to ensure everyone’s enjoyment and safety on match days, so the request goes out to all supporters to help each other to enjoy the game with a passion, but with respect for these simple rules.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Come on the Pool!
Steve Rowland
SLO

Poor old Prem......Flaskless in Bloomers.....a new film project perhaps? His blanket will have to be pretty high tech to fold down to A4. Are their any exceptions for those with medical problems who need water? Will free drinking water be available in the ground on request?

Prem only takes a flask to away games.Not at blanket stage yet........
Think discretion needed for those who need water for pills etc............

2 things occur to me from the information:
1. It does not mention anything about people with medical conditions, who may need to carry fluids with them.
2. The rule that all under 14s must be accompanied by an adult seems a bit extreme for an age threshold. I remember first attending without an adult when I first went with my mates aged 11.

Not everybody under 14 is unruly,age isn't the issue. If a few lads want to go to a match together without their parents that's not unusual, if they behave irresponsibly then the club can stop then attending in the future. Most of the idiots I know are over 14

As well as going to matches at the age of 11 (just started at secondary school) with my mates we also used to disappear for the whole day during the summer on our bikes. My parents always wanted to know where we had been - sometimes Blackpool but often to Lytham or as far afield as Lancaster, Morecambe and the Trough of Bowland. We also used to go on our own from the age of 13 to away matches, usually on the supporters coach or train. These days teenagers rarely get out of their bedrooms

Perhaps you had more sense then than today’s youth who suffer from lack of discipline.
Jesus... I really do hate sweeping, generalised comments like this... I witness hundreds of disciplined youngsters each week who are a credit to themselves and their families.

You might of course mistake a rose tinted, over silence of children in bygone times who were silent because they were physically beaten. Either way, there is much to be celebrated in today’s youth...

Jesus... I really do hate sweeping, generalised comments like this... I witness hundreds of disciplined youngsters each week who are a credit to themselves and their families.

You might of course mistake a rose tinted, over silence of children in bygone times who were silent because they were physically beaten. Either way, there is much to be celebrated in today’s youth...
Tell them that in Fleetwood !

There was a semi riot of youths outside a meeting in Fleetwood last week Police car windshields smashed etc.
There are lots of great kids of course there are but not all have a sense of right and wrong......

Give it a rest. Minorities that's all. Wonder if your kids were all exemplary all the time, you wouldn't know
You can only teach them right from wrong and hope it sinks in.
Decades later I have no reason to believe it didn’t ....End ...
Let’s stick with football it is safer.