Before I go | Vital Football

Before I go

dedmans

Vital Reserves Team
Normally league front runners have at least 2 points per games played.
In our division all are at least 6 points less than that.
It is wide open for the last 4 months of the season.
With Jack back who is class and Ollie back up front where I think he is best suited( his lay-offs are unequaled and he is a handful), this team will get better. Marquis the big signing, must soon find the target more regularly soon.
I strongly believe that us and Sunderland are the two that will end up at the top.
Also, if you care about this website and want to state your opinion please do It is a wonderful site( or was).
It is currently rather lonely and I soon will be off.

There's some good reasoning there 'dedmans' and I totally agree about this season being wide open. It really is quite amazing to see the top twelve places with six points dividing Rotherham United at the top, and Lincoln City in twelfth place.

Re Pompey and our push to be in the automatic promotion places, I'm a little more circumspect than you I think. Certainly, if you look at the squad we should be there, or thereabouts, but our away form has let us down mightily. Yes, we pulled off a win against bottom of the table Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, but in my opinion struggled to do it. We need to be a lot more convincing than that.

Still, as you say with Jack and Ollie back, hopefully things will get better. I'm rooting for that, because there's a rumour going about that Blackburn are after Curtis, and Pompey supposedly want £3-million for him. I don't know if there's any truth in that rumour or not, but IMHO we can't afford to lose Curtis.

Re the Vital Pompey website, my problem is connectivity while I'm here in France. I don't have a smartphone, and have to use an old 3GBlackberry as a modem for my laptop, and down in a valley where I am the signal is extremely weak.

However, I digress.. yes its sad to see what looks like the demise of the site to its present state, but we are battling the likes of Twitter and Facebook now, and until people get tired of those platforms I can't honestly see a turn around in the membership here. Yes, in its glory days it was a great place to be, and who knows, it may well be again, and that may well coincide with promotion to the Championship.

So, just to say, I'm not going away, and I urge all those who still look at this site to join us. Its people that make it a good place after all, and its still far more personal than the corporate Twitter and Facebook.

So PUP PPU :thumbup::clap:

I've been somewhat busy as of late and haven't really had the time to comment on here. I may well be less busy come the end of February, unless I get another job:yes:
Having said that, I think things are going well, we're picking up points, the team is gelling and as it's so close in this league I really do think we have a chance of doing the double this year, (EFL trophy & League 1 champs) Let's see how we deal with Sunderland.