Bees Stuff On My Mind. | Vital Football

Bees Stuff On My Mind.

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Lots of random stuff on my mind today, so here goes........

-Next Monday it will be exactly 1 year since the sacking of Marinus, a lot has happened to us and him since. I believe he's still coaching in the Dutch 2nd division with NAC Breda. I think we were right to fix this mistake but still feel bad about how it went down.

-Alex Pritchard / Sergi Canos - AP currently on the bench and getting a few minutes, Sergi rarely even in the match-day 18. Sad to see really, both would be starring in our side - sure they've made themselves wealthier but has moving to Norwich been good for such talented players. Wish them well regardless, how about a cheeky Jan loan back to GP for Sergi?

-Warbs struggling in Glasgow, the knives are really out for him, "too big a job" currently being the accusation. Is this unfair or has he lost his shine since leaving us and facing his 1st real test up there? Signing Barton not looking too clever a judgment right now. Hope he turns it around - still plenty of time for him here although we're doing just fine thanks.

-Dean Smith. Had a chat with him after the PNE game, seemed a really nice fella who i'd imagine is low maintenance, fits in and gets on with people. Is he really starting to put his stamp on things after a great week on the pitch, and with his influence on our summer signings? How far can he take us?

-Away days, enjoying these so much at the mo, the team really responded to the followings at Brighton and VP - i'm convinced the more people we can get to away games the more points we'll collect. The free 888 coaches are running, the Derby match ticket is only £16.50, plus we have QPR and Newcastle coming up. no reason why we can't get a lot of bods out to these games - make the effort, this team deserves it. Starting again on Sat at Wolves.

-January window, naturally if we keep doing well there will be speculation about our big players pre the next window. But i'm not feeling this self inflicted transfer speculation from some Bees fans. We don't have to sell anyone and are not some muggy little club. Enjoy the team for a few months, see where they can take us, and trust in the people in charge to do the right things to make us stronger. Relax - the Bees are in decent shape, remember loose lips sinks ships and all that.

-The Media. We are properly under the radar these days, barely mentioned on the Ch 5 or EFL round ups, not many live TV games, never mentioned (other than negatively) on Talksh*te - even their championship summaries and not a word on BFC. Why? Maybe it's a good thing? Mr Durham doing a hatchet job on Huddersfield last week tells you plenty. Lazy, uneducated, so called big club biased football journalism rules these days - really poor imo.

Rant over - sorry.

Very happy to be under the radar. It seems to me that unless a club is in the Premiershi*t or a "fallen giant" that the media thinks "belongs" there, then you get very little coverage. Mr Durham just spouts nonsense: he must think he is being clever, whilst any thinking football fan knows he is talking bollocks. As for the BBC, it's Premiersh*t or nothing. It makes me laugh that they bemoan the poor performance of the England team whilst at the same time drooling about overseas players. Clearly irony is not something they understand.

I think getting canos on loan is a possibility. He was always gonna be a sub at Norwich.
I hope Warbs turns it around but signing Barton is always a bad idea.
I'm currently flat broke atm so no away trips for me apart from North West teams.
Dean Smith seems to be a streaky manager. Goes on runs good or bad. Certainly good atm.
I think injuries will decide who we go for in Jan. Clinging onto hogan, assuming he stays fit, will be vital.
The media can do as they please. I only read GWL.
When is judge due back?

Good support from up there chaps, keep getting out to as many games as you can, it makes alll the difference. The media closed their minds to us after warbsgste, nothing will ever change their narrative which is that crackpot owner sacked our best ever manager to pursue moneyball doctrine. I've learned along the way but they won't!

I think it's Dec for AJ at the earliest. He was at GP on Sat which was nice to see but I wouldn't count on more than a couple of appearances to prove fitness, he's off sadly! And if we keep up our form it won't be easy to simply drop him into the team. Tricky one that is.

Good shout Roman on DS being streaky, certainly seems to be the case based on what we know of his time at Walsall and again here. Touch of the Pardew's perhaps?

Hope it continues for a lot longer yet.

Most of my favoured away games have fallen on Tuesdays which makes them difficult/impossible for me to get to. Sky have f***ed me over regarding the QPR away game. Looks like being a very low away turnout for me this year. Hey ho.

I reckon it's worth keeping an eye on who is signing extensions to their contracts and who isn't. The one thing we've been consistent at is letting anyone with just one year left on their contract and not signing a new one go. It makes perfect sense really however disappointing it seems at the time. Judge will definitely go in January as any money is better than nothing and it's unlikely, following injury, he could massively effect our season if we find ourselves in a great position. I know Condor reckons we could get £3m for him if two clubs are interested.

On top of that there is nothing we can do about silly offers for our better players. It was interesting to hear Dave Lane on the Beesotted podcast say that Bentley, Woods, Hogan and Colin are the ones he thinks would be very sought after.

I'm really not bothered about what Marinus, Warbs, Pritchard and Canos are up to. They've gone. And as for the media, it's better if they don't say anything, because when they do, they talk a load of rubbish!

Pritchard will get his chance at Norwich - Dorrans and Hoolihan are both playing well enough to keep the shirt currently. Both have previously been very very good players in this division. Norwich's squad is much better than our own

Reading tonight - be interesting to see who is picked with Woods out and Josh/prob Macleod injured. Nico comes in obviously presumably with Mac. I'd go Clarke above Vibe in the advanced position. Presumably KK might get a run at some point tonight, and Ferry might be on the bench

Judge - yes I reckon if he is playing again and we can get Newcastle and another couple of clubs sniffing around him then we might get as much as £3m (possibly not all up front). Anything over £1.5m + add ons would realistically be a result given the situation