becoming a film/tv extra | Vital Football

becoming a film/tv extra

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
going over a few choices of career again, due to last injury and want to keep on getting a few quid in work wise i thought about becoming a film extra or indeed tv extra, as remember watching a program about it years ago (no, not ricky gervis) and one of the things they look for is someone distinctive can get the better extra parts.

so any one done it or had experience about it?

As you know, I was Brad Pitts body double up to the point where he let himself go and I refused to.

A good deal of waiting around but good fun.

(Think there are a few agencies you can register with badge. I'd not think you'd get very regular work and it wouldn't pay a fortune obviously, but a bit of pin money as they used to say)

My mate was in Only Fools and Horses once. All he had to do was walk through the market. From memory I think he got £80 for the day.

not fussed about waiting around as thats what ive been doing for last couple of months lol and any money is better then nowt.

plus love to see there faces at the social when i say im coming off the sick to be ... an ACTOR lol though some would say i have been acting a cvnt for years.

sirdennis - 22/5/2013 10:54

My mate was in Only Fools and Horses once. All he had to do was walk through the market. From memory I think he got £80 for the day.

type of thing im looking for sir dennis plus have the advantage i can ride a bike still which could be useful, never know they might want a cripple with attitude to play the lead star ...

I had some mates who did it during the summer. Loads of films get made during the summer. Most of the time you are just hanging around but you get to meet some famous actors and get paid.

Friend of mine works in TV production. She asked me once if I'd like to be a wedding guest for a movie scene. You had to dress yourself like you would going to a wedding and be in london for a coach pickup that took you out to some church in the countryside. You got you travel expenses to London upto 15 quid, a meal at lunchtime, and 30 quid payment.

I told her to shove it up her arse! With hindsight though it wouldve been quite good for mates to spot you in a film, especially if it's gonna be a succesful film that is on time and time again.

My cousin was an extra on Heartbeat years ago, don't know how much he got paid... hope this helps!

The Fear - 22/5/2013 13:16

James06 - 22/5/2013 12:48

I told her to shove it up her arse!

Smooth talker.

Did she?

How rude!!!

yeah she did.

Have you never agreed to help out with the crimewatch reconstructions they keep asking you to do?

Yes, I went, mugged a few people, came home.

Got in touch and asked where my payment was. Turns out I went to the wrong studio. Oh how we laughed at the mix up.

:12:

sirdennis - 22/5/2013 12:01

You may have to undergo the casting couch ordeal badge73

i have seen films about this ... depending on whose doing the ordeal i suppose

Prepared - 22/5/2013 11:50

http://www.castingnow.co.uk/?gclid=CP3arsXEqbcCFYXItAodWj4AQA

did register and filled the profile all out only to be told at the end there would be a fee :10: almost dropped my chicken nuggets :21:

Don't take a walk on part in Emmerdale Badge. A mate of ours did and he said it was true what he was told that they treat you like 'shit' at Emmerdale