Beardsley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Beardsley

It's long been reported that Peter Beardsley is on leave

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?522847">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

His playing career does not come into it. It's his position as a Coach that does.
If he is guilty of the reported comments then he should be sacked.
I don't understand why this investigation, like many others, takes so long. It s ridiculous and only leads to even more comments and does the club no favours.
Interview the players, interview Beardsley, interview witnesses then decide. How long should that take?

The problem I see is that Beardsley (like myself) is from another era when that kind of "banter" - for want of a better word - was commonplace. He hasn't moved with the times and I guess now he has to take the consequences. I have met him mind and he certainly didn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box.

I think its a major problem that he hasnt moved with the times CT as has been said back in the day racism was rife but the world has changed for the better in that regard and if someone cant adapt to that they shouldnt be coaching kids.

Had this incident occurred at another club the matter would’ve been resolved well over a month ago. Typical shambolic behaviour.

Looking back, one of my previous comments may have been a bit harsh.

Peter B was a fantastic footballer. Also having met him briefly and thinking about other footballers, the industry has not done enough to support its participants.

Beardsley came from an era where they had fame but not necessarily fortune.

We have a few examples at NUFC, Gazza, Kenny Samson, Keith Gillespie, Michael Chopra, Hughie Gallagher, Ted Robledo and a lot more, that's without thinking of players from other clubs.

Players have a long time to live with having been a "once great". Superhero status one day ends up with a lifetime having to adapt after retirement in their 30s. There are promising youngsters who now work for anyone from Northern Rock (as was) to milkmen or whatever.

If only more was put into helping these guys adapt to the real world.

Peter B may have been wrong. If he was, who is really to blame?

Try saying similar things to what Beardsley is alleged to have said in the workplace and see how long it takes you to get your p45. It being commonplace years ago is no defence.

I think I'm about the same age as Beardsley. In all honesty as changed an enormous amount in the 40yrs I've been in it. Although loads bemoan the loss of the good old days' my view is that most of the change has been for the better. There is really no excuse for not keeping up with the times (my opinion).
I believe there had been an issue before (???) that really was the time to make the position crystal clear.

I quite agree lads and he should have realized times have changed, and no doubt for the better. His position is clearly untenable after what has happened.

Comes to something when the daily fkn fail report on a racist scandal & that the troglodyte is suspended for 5 months,is that on full pay?
Any other club would've kicked him into touch,tubby wants to drag this on,bit like the takeover,feeding his dirty ego & dragging the name of our club in the gutter,fkn low life.

Last edited:
However like everything else this club is incapable of making a decision.
Just like the Managers contract, the takeover, updating the academy and transfers they sit on their backsides and hope they will disappear.
Pathetic.

Got to disagree there Owl. I think they're perfectly adept at making decisions but the 'driver' for those decisions will always be Fat Mikes wallet.
Beardsley prob' works for a pittance, he seemed more than happy to tow the 'Fat Mike part line' and they were possibly hoping this would all blow over.
Don't delude yourself that these feckers don't know exactly what they're doing.........money, money, money.

Until I know exactly what Beardsley said,or any of the black players he was teammates with,(off the top of my head) Barnes-Fox-Cole-Big Les-and Tino,make similar accusations i'm going to bury my head in the sand and refuse to believe he is a racist.

I can accept he might be ignorant,but a racist ?

and still this goes on with Beardsley's legal team now releasing a statement.

This from the shields gazette

Peter Beardsley is aware of media reports which result from unauthorised leaks.

Peter Beardsley has no knowledge of the reported 'findings' of unfair treatment and discriminatory comments by him towards Newcastle United Football Club’s Under-23 players including Yasin Ben El-Mhanni.

Peter Beardsley categorically denies the allegations.

Peter Beardsley will not be making any further comment at the present time.

Peter respectfully requests that his privacy and that of his family is respected. As Peter Beardsley’s legal representatives, we will be monitoring media and broadcasting coverage carefully.

Peter Beardsley has no knowledge of the reported 'findings' of unfair treatment and discriminatory comments by him towards Newcastle United Football Club’s Under-23 players including Yasin Ben El-Mhanni.

Trial by media.