Beardsley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Beardsley

Thats why I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until takeover is sorted one way or the other.The many reasons he has had to walk,most of them came about last summer.Was the takeover if true in the early stages then which is why he stayed after being shafted in the last transfer window.
A lot of our fans have belief in Benitez I agree.Do they have the same belief in Ashley though as for years they have carried on supporting him regardless of the shite he has thrown at them.That is worse in my opinion as they are Geordies and have an affiliation with the club.

markylad74 - 7/1/2018 17:35

A lot of our fans have belief in Benitez I agree.Do they have the same belief in Ashley though as for years they have carried on supporting him regardless of the shite he has thrown at them.That is worse in my opinion as they are Geordies and have an affiliation with the club.

Apparently they believed they were supporting the team not the regime. :83:

Having written an article a few days after Benitez came on the market that he was one of 3 managers who Ashley should replace McLaren with, I am going to be biased.

As far as "belief in Ashley", there are some things he has done which might have been done after listening to pressure groups, even if they have not been carried out as we would want. I think I have had the vain hope that at some point, Ashley would realise that if he put a quality product on the pitch, it would lead him to a point that his asset gained in value and he could sell NUFC to a new regime or make a decent ongoing profit by owning a successful club.

Of all things, what did it for me was his parliamentary select committee hearing and (in my opinion) showing what a wholly obnoxious character he is.

The fear now is that he may be conceited enough to think he has made the club profitable so it should be valued in the same way as other clubs. By asset stripping, he has given anyone who does due diligence a true valuation of the club. If it is not as he expects, he might just be bigoted enough to stay on.

markylad74 - 7/1/2018 17:08

If the takeover happens or not,I will expect him to walk if it falls through.Otherwise all the respect I have for him will be gone.

Agree with this 100% marky.

I stand by my assertion that Benitez is a much bigger problem than Pardew ever was though insomuch that his presence allows Ashley to wield a much heavier hammer to batter us with.

I think we can now all agree that rafa was not bought in by fatty to bring the club success.

It's entirely possible that their business relationship is a Basil Fawlty -Manuel type affair,but If rafa's still here with Ashley by the start of the next season or worse still until his contract runs out,that should leave even his most faithful followers under no doubt what the score is.

Back to Beardsley, the Daily Mail report, if not libellous, is really damaging.

The debate shifts to PC or not PC but the transfer of the young lad to Everton becomes a debating point.

This is the second time Beardsley’s been accused of bullying but this time the accuser has five ( yes five) of his young colleagues as wintnesses to the alleged bullying. If PB dodges this bullet he should stand down imo. His reputation is now tainted whether true or not, and what parent would risk their young talented kids going into that?

Beardsley at worst will resign because innocent or not, to have lost at least 6 players in the dressing room is a big issue. Maybe results at lower level are on the back of this.

Depends how you define bullying. When i played as a kid one of the teams manager had a very aggressive demeanour and if you made a mistake he would tear strips off you and every other word was fuck that was the downside the upside was that he was a brilliant coach and teacher. My mother came to watch me play and was shocked at his touch line behaviour but there was no way i would quit the team because he made us better players and made us train and work hard the result being that we won the league two years in a row and got to three cup finals.

Club statement :

"After discussions with Peter Beardsley this morning it has been agreed that he will take a period of leave, to commence immediately, whilst the club conducts its investigation into allegations made against him.

"It would be inappropriate for the club to comment further until the conclusion of this investigation."

A statement from Beardsley's solicitors said:

“Peter Beardsley is aware of inaccurate media reports which result from unauthorised leaks.

“Allegations of unfair treatment have been made, which are currently being investigated. Peter Beardsley categorically denies the allegations. It is hoped the investigation will conclude quickly.

“Peter Beardsley will not be making any further comment at the present time and until investigations conclude. Peter respectfully request that his privacy and that of his family is respected.”

A mate was speaking to him last week at a kid's party.He asked him what the craic was with tubby.He said "Mike has his best interest in the club,he's done nothing wrong".
Fkn sychophant & shit coach.

Reading more of the allegations, I hope that either Beardsley is totally dumped on or that the Daily Mail are sued for billions.

No wonder no permanent signings were made. The tea boy was busy with other things...

From the BBC, Friday:

Newcastle United have extended an investigation following allegations of bullying and racism at the club.

An inquiry was launched after claims were made against the side's U23 coach Peter Beardsley in January.

Chief executive Lee Charnley is leading a wider investigation into language and culture at all levels of the club.

Former England and Newcastle player Beardsley, 56, denies the allegations and has taken a period of leave during the inquiry.

Initial allegations against Beardsley, who has been in his role since 2009, were made by 22-year-old academy player Yasin Ben Al-Mhanni - who claims he was the victim of non-racial bullying.

Findings from that inquiry - including reported claims that Beardsley used racial language against several African players in the academy - were expected to be made public a fortnight ago but have not been released.

That ****, Charnley, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Sums Charnley up totally inept.
If ever there was a man promoted above his station it's Charnley, should have stayed as tea boy.
The sooner he is dismissed and replaced by someone who knows what they are doing the better the club will be. Unfortunately it might take another relegation for it to happen.

I'm just hoping against hope, purely for his past reputation, that it's nowt more than badly chosen language by a bloke who we all know, has his brains in his feet.

From The Times today:

Newcastle United are under mounting pressure to sack Peter Beardsley after receiving more complaints of allegedly racist comments that are said to have been made by the club’s under-23 coach towards a number of his players.

The Times has been told of at least three separate allegations that Beardsley used language that could be considered racist while coaching at Newcastle. The claims are contained in written statements from academy players after the club launched a formal investigation into his conduct last month.

Beardsley denies any allegations of racism and unfair treatment of players, but he agreed to take “a period of leave” last month after a complaint from the under-23 winger Yasin Ben El-Mhanni, alleging that he had been the subject of non-racial bullying by the 57-year-old. The club interviewed all of their under-23 and under-18 players, and every member of staff, and the other allegations emerged as a result.

The new allegations against Beardsley are in addition to the claim that he said, “Your lot should be good at this” to African players who were struggling on climbing bars during a visit to Go Ape, which was widely reported last month. The witness statements have been provided by players of several nationalities and centre on Beardsley’s alleged use of language which the players claim was designed to belittle them.

Several academy players are understood to have testified that Beardsley told a group of African players that “you lot should be better runners” in a training session last year, before allegedly making clear that he had their nationality in mind by referring to his assumption that they had trained at altitude.

On another occasion Beardsley is alleged to have accused a different group of players of speaking a “made-up language” after overhearing a conversation in Arabic.

There is also testimony from a player who was upset by Beardsley allegedly making disparaging remarks about the quality of training facilities and pitches in his country.

Throughout the players’ statements a picture emerges of Beardsley’s alleged use of language that made them feel uncomfortable, rather than being overtly abusive.

Beardsley is understood to have accepted that he did use language that has been attributed to him in some cases, but not in others, and insists that he was not being racist.

In a statement released last month, his solicitors, Farsley’s, said that their client “categorically denies ... allegations of unfair treatment” and expressed his hope that “the investigation will conclude quickly”. Farsley’s and Newcastle declined to comment last night.

Beardsley was accused of bullying at Newcastle in 2003 by three academy players during a previous coaching spell at the club that he represented with distinction as a player, but was cleared after an investigation by the FA.

The parents of Lewis Gibson, the England under-17 defender who left the club for Everton in a £6 million transfer last summer, were so concerned about Beardsley’s treatment of young players that they wrote a letter to the FA about the culture at Newcastle last year, although they did not name Beardsley. Gibson’s older brother, Liam, remains at the club.

Newcastle’s investigation into the allegations is not expected to conclude for several weeks. The club must first decide whether his behaviour warrants disciplinary action and, if so, he would have the right to an appeal.

So the case could drag on even more. Ben Dawson, a professional development coach with the under-21s, has been standing in for Beardsley during his leave and is considered a strong candidate to replace him should he be dismissed.

As a human who has lived from the 70's and right through. A person who has witnessed racist taunts and songs on the terraces at St James' Park as well as right throughout the country, im more inclined to see Beardsley as some sort of victim here, the longer this goes on.

He's a victim of the new world that has taken over everyone whether that be the politically correct one or the one where there's an 'ism' for every breath never mind word.

I think back to times at St James' when black players or anyone with a tan for that matter, got the 'He's a Wog, a wog, it's plain to see, to see, he's blacker than you and me, he's a wog, a wog' song (to the tune of que sera, sera. It was the mentality of things back then and with me being a kid saw nothing wrong as it seemed liked banter.

As time has went on, this sort of chanting has been eradicated from the game as it is plainly wrong and is understandable how intimidating and embarrassing it must have been for the player on the receiving end back then but again, I was just a kid with very few years of the British culture under my belt to be used to it. Something that was rife on telly as soon as 30 odd years ago with comedians basing their whole programmes on it at one time, some of the Black American stand ups still do but that's a different story.

Beardsley is a decade older than me and having been brought up where things were not what they were nowadays, he may not the experience of watching what he's saying in his maturing years. Saying the things he has been accused of saying is not the same as treating them differently based by the colour of their skin or the language that comes out of their gobs, so it's a fine line in my eyes.

Now if Beardsley has an issue with categorising players on their racial authenticity then that is a different matter altogether than how he chooses to speak to them as one can be given understanding to help whilst the other would need help to understand.

If it's proven he has bullied because of skin colour then he should be sacked. End of. Nee excuses.

Right. I'm a contemporary of Beardsley and I'm a huge fan of his in his playing days. I'm aware that my career path required me to take my early acquired prejudices and dump them overboard. Indeed, my life experiences have made a fallacy of judging anyone in any way by the colour of their skin. You judge a person by their character. End of.

Surely, football has moved on from the attitudes of Ron Noades? Beardsley should have been aware of that and especially aware as he was responsible for young players. He's a professional coach. If evidence can prove his actions then sacking isn't enough.