Beards | Vital Football

Beards

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
So like many I stopped shaving for me 2/3 weeks ago. It is now soft but do I keep it.

Pros:
She hates it
I don't have to bother shaving

Cons:
Doesn't feel clean - am I doing something wrong, I just use soap and water
I dribble like a 95 year old off the moustache when I drink - again what am I doing wrong

I know Bear will be the expert, others having the same issues?

Shampoo and conditioner is the trick. As it grows longer it becomes more comfortable and then also it is easier to brush or comb the moustache to avoid the dribbling issue. Most women prefer clean shaven but a significant minority go nuts for a good beard and 5 percent of the female population is proving quite a challenge for me to service.:grinning:

I'm exactly the same Nige. About three weeks in now. My wife says she likes it but it frustrates me - dribbling and the like.

Had a beard for the past 20 years or more, to cover me double chin. You learn to live with it. I can't live without it, other than looking like a potato. Nothing is stopping any one from shaving though.

Last edited:
You may have something to hide or planning to do something and when they say he had a beard shave it off.Just a thought.......

Why not emasculate yourself completely Prem? I just don't understand this obsession with removing secondary sexual characteristics.....on the other hand, if certain leaders get bumped off you might see a clean shaven bear.:grinning::stab::death:

I've never grown a beard or had a moustache.
Shaved my head for 20+yrs now and it!'s easier to continue the razor stokes all the way from my chin over the top to the back of my neck*
I shave daily for work and do my head every other day.
Superstition wise for footy - I always shave my head on match days.
*I do use different blades for head /face 😁

A bit of Bear baiting perhaps,Are you self isolating or are you in the vulnerable groups? Whatever you and yours look after yourselves.

Shaved my head since the age of 15 never did like having hair, it grew back a little when I was 23 and I saw that I was receding anyway. Did grow a beard one year just trimmed round the top lip to stop it tickling, and I used shampoo and conditioner as Bear said it gave me a lovely soft beard.

Never used different blades for head and face I can get all the way round with one disposable gillette 3 blade.

A bit of Bear baiting perhaps,Are you self isolating or are you in the vulnerable groups? Whatever you and yours look after yourselves.

Certainly not Bear baiting Prem - he is instantly recognisable to us at games with his beard 👍

I'm still isolating. Tired to the extent of sleeping 2-4hrs during the day and am having chuffing headaches daily.
Other than that feel better and Mrs Xile (no2) is much better than she was.

Interesting conversation. I'm sticking with mine but shaving around the collar area as it irritates.

How near are you Bear to where you were with the big daddy of beards?

Glad to hear the Sexy family is on the mend.

The beard (or surplus testosterone storage facility as I prefer to call it ) is now 5 or 6 inches long but a long way short of the one I photographed in a Dublin museum whilst dressed up as a viking.

I stopped shaving 18 months ago but I trim it once a week with an electric hair cutter using a number 7 setting. I too, shave my front neck and sides to the collar line. I trim the mo back to the lip line. I think they call it the 'scruff look' but I prefer it that way as it doesn't itch. I still have a full head of hair with a degree of pillow rub at the back. :clown:

Last edited:
It is easier just to have a shave, my stubble was rather long the other day and i was past the itching stage so was toying with the idea of growing it but thought better of it. They do take some maintaining thinking about it i used to clip some of mine and shave round the edges and underneath to tidy it up.

Tidy it up? MADNESS. Go for the full set and leave it natural. Wash it when you wash your hair. Probably gives one a few extra months of life considering the time wasted shaving.