Be Interesting To See | Vital Football

Be Interesting To See

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
If Mitrovic and Gayle are paired together upfront.With only 1 game left on his ban and hopefully a mass improvement on his temperament I think this pairing has potential.Add to this Ritchie who has been impressive so far adding the ammunition from either flank can see Gayle getting a few knock downs from Mitrovic if he can't get his own attempt away on goal.Still think though that we need to add another 3 players to the squad,hopefully in the attacking department,winger,creative mid and a decent striker.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 19/8/2016 11:16

Siem De Jong looks like he's out today so there's a free slot.

He'd be perfect alongside Gayle.

Apart from that, we need a left back, another 2 wingers, a creative midfielder or two and another striker at bare minimum.

We've got a very good crosser of the ball in Ritchie he'll actually have someone to aim at in Mitrovic rather than Half Pint Dwight.

Also feel Anita at right back is the way forward rather than Janmaat. It's no coincidence that our form improved at the tail end of last season when Janmaat was dropped for Vurnon .

Aside from Mitrovic, it's fairly obvious that we need another target man, that said, Gayle for his height is by no means shit at the job. He did ok with flick ons on Wednesday.

That partnership has the potential to terrorise this league.
Haller would be a great signing,although Everton are supposed to have an interest.

I hope we don't leave it too late to get the players we need like previous transfer windows. I've got every faith in Benitez knowing where our weaknesses lie and identifying players, but I've got less faith in Penfold `getting them over the line'. He still has the mentality of getting value for every £1.00 spent. Unfortunately at the moment the transfer window offers little value for money if you want the big players.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with Danny Ings in the next week or so on loan but aside from that, you'd think things will start to pick up big time and we may do a deal on the last day for once.