BBC & The Future | Page 8 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

Always struggle to see the massive bias of the BBC. Lefties say they are right, righties say they are left.

I think they are relatively bland, or vanilla, in their delivery, and then you can make your own mind up, as opposed to the organisations that feed you their take on it.

Always struggle to see the massive bias of the BBC. Lefties say they are right, righties say they are left.

I think they are relatively bland, or vanilla, in their delivery, and then you can make your own mind up, as opposed to the organisations that feed you their take on it.
They have been hauled before a cross party commision on two occasions to answer charges of bias, and duly did apologise.

They have been hauled before a cross party commision on two occasions to answer charges of bias, and duly did apologise.

Not bad, just twice, I wouldn't imagine?

Wonder if both were the same bias? ie left or right.

Not that i'm that bothered if truth be told!

Considering Mr linekar only actually speaks for a few minutes I would love to know his hourly pay. Per hours actually worked.
Criminal.

To be fair to Lineker he's the best football presenter out there. BBC like to try to compete on ratings and for them to do this they have to bring in people who will help drive them.

ITV and Sky have bland presenting school types, in Lineker you have a top class ex player who is also a very good presenter.

Yes , I like Lineker.

Having seen how these programmes work I can say it is more than a few minutes that he would work , he would most likely spend all day preparing for a show.

Yes , I like Lineker.

Having seen how these programmes work I can say it is more than a few minutes that he would work , he would most likely spend all day preparing for a show.

Good grief, really, he has to work a full day for that salary?

Well, now you put it like that.

:grinning:

Linekar is just doing what we all do for free. Discuss's football. And watches football. He doesn't even analyse. Just talks to people analysing.
That's ALOT of money for that job.

I'd say nobody at the Beeb should be on over 70K, it's a public broadcaster, not a race to the top they choose between a guaranteed job for life in effect with good pension unless they cock it up, or the chase for the cash.

I'd say nobody at the Beeb should be on over 70K, it's a public broadcaster, not a race to the top they choose between a guaranteed job for life in effect with good pension unless they cock it up, or the chase for the cash.
I dunno, pay peanuts get monkeys, if that was the salary cap the programming would be pure amateur hour. A lot of skill is required to do TV across a plethora of roles.

I dunno, pay peanuts get monkeys, if that was the salary cap the programming would be pure amateur hour. A lot of skill is required to do TV across a plethora of roles.
In that case I see on television alot of monkeys who are on massive wages.

I notice it whenever they go to an enemy country such as Russia or Iran, and always seem to give a narrative inline with what the U.K. government would want you to hear. They always claim they’ve spoken to lots of people who are anti the government of said country, perhaps they are - but they don’t give the objective story of the views and beliefs in that country.

They could talk to 99 people who are pro-something but you can guarantee they’ll shape the story completely around the 1 person they find who is against the narrative and the one they want.

Last edited:

Hardly peanuts in fairness, I just see the BBC needing to be different and prudent. There can be a ratchet payment higher for more roles etc for those who want to stretch themselves across genres in effect, but it's not the BBC's job to complete with commercial operations.

I often watch the Sky News features from what I call dodgy places such as Syria etc. Now the people who make those stories deserve every penny they get.