BBC & The Future | Page 7 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

McCoy and Phillips has promise I think, at least it had relevant content and talking points today.

I think the technical issues translate as we didn't employ experienced people behind the scenes and we've youngsters learning on the job. Be interesting to see if Neil is back to his more 'This Week' best in his slot tonight.

Oh FFS just sack the dickhead Wootton now.

Paraphrased - the experts have confirmed that the vaccines have 'smashed' Covid.

Neil jumps in immediately to correct him and point out they are having an effect, it hasn't been 'smashed' and nobody has said that.

:clown:

1st night Alan Sugar has a go over a bloody stupid question.
2nd night your boss has to publicly correct you for talking bollocks.

Welcome to the difference between writing shite for the Currant Bun and then having to engage your brain, with research and facts, when speaking.

Oh FFS just sack the dickhead Wootton now.

Paraphrased - the experts have confirmed that the vaccines have 'smashed' Covid.

Neil jumps in immediately to correct him and point out they are having an effect, it hasn't been 'smashed' and nobody has said that.

:clown:

1st night Alan Sugar has a go over a bloody stupid question.
2nd night your boss has to publicly correct you for talking bollocks.

Welcome to the difference between writing shite for the Currant Bun and then having to engage your brain, with research and facts, when speaking.
Live tele is certainly the sharp end of the stick. You cant take it back once you have blurted it out.

It is the amateur nature of the captioning. 'Fake news' already from the saviour of British journalism.

Some of the errors have been totally amateurish. I've made plenty of cock ups on the FP when under pressure and if my assumption the staff are newbies, fresh from college and little experience, I can forgive the tech and sound issues as they better learn software/timing etc.

But caption cock ups when the programme plan will be laid out in advance and you know where OB's are coming from - not least as they'll have an assigned monitor source, with pre-prepared individual graphics - are unforgiveable.

That sort of stuff are things you bang out of the way during presenter pass over if you can't do it in advance.

With that said, it is getting slowly more polished now, which you'd expect.

So nice to have Neil back on the TV.

Rishi is doing well in fairness, but he's getting his semantics called out.

Yeah GB news have teething problems. No shock really.
As long as they don't turn poison like the BBC they will do well.
I'm hoping for balanced news and honest news that isn't trying to fit with any agenda.
Be nice if we could have a discussion without being called a ism.
I saw Mrs/Mr lord Colin Campbell on there last night. We need more like her. She doesn't give a monkeys rats ass what's she's called or what people think. She gives her opinion. Not treading on egg shells. Which to be honest I am sick to the back teeth of doing.

I still don't get the BBC hate and I call them out myself when they get it wrong. They are mandated by the law in a way that gives others more freedoms.

It's not news though Col if it's opinion. This is the problem with the press as I point out regularly, people take opinion as fact and truth. It's not. This is where GB is very much Fox News - they present opinion as truth which is why I'm already deliberately not watching some presenters - particularly Wootton who has already shown he can't even base his opinions on factual knowledge.

If the smiling prick survives, GB news will ultimately fail as people already have the knives out and he is massively the weakest link and the most likely to get them into Ofcom trouble.

Talking of knives out.

It was actually Clee Torez to my ears and it wasn't the only one today I don't think. Tess Tegel was inspired but again that's backroom staff and experience.

Dewsbury also has to go, she's woeful and it looks to me like she looks at other presenters with distain when passing over and they steal her thunder by discussing her topics.

I still don't get the BBC hate and I call them out myself when they get it wrong. They are mandated by the law in a way that gives others more freedoms.

It's not news though Col if it's opinion. This is the problem with the press as I point out regularly, people take opinion as fact and truth. It's not. This is where GB is very much Fox News - they present opinion as truth which is why I'm already deliberately not watching some presenters - particularly Wootton who has already shown he can't even base his opinions on factual knowledge.

If the smiling prick survives, GB news will ultimately fail as people already have the knives out and he is massively the weakest link and the most likely to get them into Ofcom trouble.
Where can you get truthful news then Mike?
Certainly not Twitter!!!!!!

It does make me a little frustrated to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I don't like any politician. They are all up to schemes and things behind closed doors.
But from where I see it....
People can post clips from Twitter... Anti trump, anti boris and now anti GB news it seems to be taken as gospel.
And Twitter clips about Biden or harris for example... Oh no, it's been doctored. Unreliable. It's a small clip. Taken out of context. Etc etc.
Well which one is it?

It does make me a little frustrated to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I don't like any politician. They are all up to schemes and things behind closed doors.
But from where I see it....
People can post clips from Twitter... Anti trump, anti boris and now anti GB news it seems to be taken as gospel.
And Twitter clips about Biden or harris for example... Oh no, it's been doctored. Unreliable. It's a small clip. Taken out of context. Etc etc.
Well which one is it?

It's as we always say mate, clips have to be taken in context - what has been left out, why was the clip started at that point and so on. Can you find the full clip etc.

Doesn't matter if it's Trump or Biden or Doris it still applies.