BBC & The Future | Page 6 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

Good news coming out of the BBC for a change.
It is reported this morning that Tim Davie has made a formal offer to Andrew Neil to come back to the Corporation to head up a new prime time politics show.
A step in the right direction.

I so miss This Week. It was great tv!

Fox News and CNN are both absolute garbage and wrapped up in their own specific partisan interests. It would be a shame to see that over here.
Yes they have an agenda, but so does every tv news outlet or printed media that I have ever listened to or read.

Fox News and CNN are both absolute garbage and wrapped up in their own specific partisan interests. It would be a shame to see that over here.

The problem is that all our news are wrapped up it their own partisan interests and driving a divide in the process.

We are witnessing selective policing atm - BLM protests, the police are bending the knee. Anti mask/immigration protests, the police are either arresting to hand out fines, or being very heavy handed.

The police were interviewed on a stream posted on social media and asked that very question, on why the Police are being selective. Where one answered, that it is not decided at their level.

The news is not reporting any "dark side" of the protests they agree with..Yet very happy to report the "dark side" of the protests they don't agree with. Hence, one sided, partisan reporting.

And hence why there is now a window for Murdoch to open another TV channel with the likes of O'Neil at the helm - to report the dark side of all protests equally.

A channel which could effectively put the final nail in the BBC - maybe why they are trying to get O'Neil back.

Four women now feature in the list of BBC's top 10 highest earners, the corporation's annual report shows. Zoe Ball's pay has risen by £1m after taking over the Radio 2 Breakfast show, while Fiona Bruce and Lauren Laverne have moved into the top 10. Match of the Day host Gary Lineker officially remains the best-paid star with an unchanged salary of £1.75m.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758

And to think it's saved £800m in the last 5 years :sick:

Four women now feature in the list of BBC's top 10 highest earners, the corporation's annual report shows. Zoe Ball's pay has risen by £1m after taking over the Radio 2 Breakfast show, while Fiona Bruce and Lauren Laverne have moved into the top 10. Match of the Day host Gary Lineker officially remains the best-paid star with an unchanged salary of £1.75m.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758

And to think it's saved £800m in the last 5 years :sick:
To be fair, the piece then goes on to say Lineker has actually taken a pay CUT of 25% on his newly-announced contract.

Yes, but the AR will only report that next year. Fair play to him but those figures are still astounding for what they actually do.

Did like he bit about pay equality - BBC aim to have it at zero by 2020 - it's gone down 0.6 since the last report lol

Andrew Neil just now on Twitter -

"Important thread (for me!): With heavy heart I announce I will be leaving the BBC. Despite sterling efforts by new DG to come up with other programming opportunities, it could not quite repair damage done when Andrew Neil Show cancelled early summer + Politics Live taken off air"

"As for the future, I’m delighted to announce I have accepted the post of Chairman of GB News, a new news channel to be launched early in the New Year bringing new perspectives to the news. I will also be presenting a new nightly prime-time show on GB News. Watch this space".

It looks like Neil gets his 8pm slot each night as the main attraction, but yes, given he made a deal about leaving the BBC over his flagship shows going, I did expect them back under a rebrand.

Some familiar names like McCoy and Gallagher but not quite 'jobs for mates' that I was expecting as lots of people have slots who I've never heard off scanning forward in the planner.

Could be interesting.

Just had a look. Channel 515 on SKY. Dont know about the other outlets.
I dont like the BBC, they employ some of the most inept people and pay them ridiculous amounts of money. That said I do not want to see the demise of the BBC nor do I want to see the licence fee scrapped, I just want the option as to whether I want to subscribe or not. Back to GBN they have got plenty of ads so the ground work has been done before the launch. One of the presenters is Simon McCoy who was with the BBC, Will be interesting to see who else they have got.

The BBC are poison.
Covered up Saville.
Screwed over Michael Jackson.
Screwed over princess Diana.
Have a statue of a man who raped his two children and the family dog outside their HQ.
God knows what else they have done.
Time to defund them in my eyes.

Just catching up on Neil's launch.

One camera is fuzzy, microphones don't work and it took ages for anyone to notice.

I know there will be teething problems, but I'm less than blown away.

Oh joy - what the people want?

Next up does Biden like Boris, let's look at the body language.
Are the American Asian community trying to cancel James Cordon.
Then, was Kate annoyed at being asked questions about Meghan.

I won't even mention the car crash Wootton (should've guessed ex Sun ******) Alan Sugar interview.

Sorry Mr Neil - I'm fucking off in advance.

I'm curious to see how GB News gets on. Fox News have their demographic clearly marked in the US. Is there an appetite for the same thing in the UK? I hope not but we'll see.

I saw Murdock wrote down the value of The Sun to 0 last week. He doesn't see any way back to profitability.

I was reading that the other broadcastors are trying to block the amount of content they can get. GBN Solicitors have written to the regulators complaining about the BBC, Rueters have said they wont change their position and Sky refused to comment. I did watch a bit at about 10.00pm buy very quickly changed channels.

Simon McCoy was the guy that Andrew Neil thought would succeed him on This Week. Instead the BBC cancelled it. Ridiculous.