BBC & The Future | Page 9 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

Andrew Neil on that crap news channel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58591909

Former BBC presenter Andrew Neil says he left GB News over the direction the channel was taking, saying he became a "minority of one" within management.
The journalist told BBC Question Time he would let people "make up their own minds" over whether his exit was because the channel was too right wing.
He also described the launch of the new station as not a "startling success".

But the BBC told The Sun earlier this year: "We are using our own font - which we own the intellectual rights to - when we update content or BBC products.
"It would be wrong to suggest the costs of the design of the blocks was significant."
It's understood the precise design costs will not be published as they are commercially confidential.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58970323

That'll justify another couple of quid rise unless Lineker is taking another paycut?

Wonder what the inspiration was?

Since when did the BBC get to be judge and jury on racial matters.
Does this really fall within their remit.
to the BBC's early-years guidance. The BBC's ...

https://www.lbc.co.uk › news › bbc-...
BBC guide tells parents to "check their bias" if their toddlers only ...
It's a strange view when you consider that kids generally make friends at school and since ethnic minorities are well... minorities then it means there's a good chance some classes will be almost all white and some schools will hardly have any other ethnicities depending on the part of the country they're in.

I agree the BBC is needed for reasons long explained previously.

But.

Fuck off, fuck right off, and when you've finishing fucking off, try pissing off and if that doesn't work try leave ****, **** get out, don't come back you cunting bastard, piss right off you fucking cunting bastard.

In short - cockwombles.

The BBC has published the salaries of its highest-paid stars as part of its annual report.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62133808

Stars is a debatable word there - but the BBC is not commercial (we all know it is they just hide it) but working on the Beeb should be an honour, it should never pay commercial wages. Fair wage yes, good wage yes, but a million still for a crisp packet whose insight is worse than the local drunk down my pub. Shearer half a mil, for what, bantering with Wright over who was the better striker.

Those news salaries are frightening as well, £80K is more than good enough and it still seems that BBC workers who actually work more get paid less?

I guess they want 'talent' to attract viewers because they care about ratings, they also have a commercial arm that presumably brings in a lot of money. Talent here would either be people very good and experienced at the job - which you could argue some of the news readers fall into this category or those who the BBC consider will be 'over' with an particular audience.

If you paid £80k you will basically get even poorer quality individuals doing a job and no one will watch anything. £80k isn't exactly a huge some of money, especially in media. If the 'stars' are only on that they want about producers, writers etc, they would be massively cheapened so then the entire production quality plummets.

Then the BBC will resemble something akin to an obscure satellite channel quality wise.

Last edited:
The BBC is long overdue the axe. In a commercial world how is it possible that the BBC is given a financial advantage over it's rival broadcasters. It's given billions to make programmes, which it then sells to make more billions. It's output is garbage and repeats for the most part, and it cant be right in the 21st century we are made to pay for this crap even when we don't watch it .
There are cut backs everywhere but it's seems the BBC are immune to the financial realities of the market place . Archaic, outdated, elitist, feather bedded from the real world and it's harsh financial conditions at the expense of a public that doesn't want it.
Get rid.

I quite like it and the licence fee is nothing to me, doesn't really stir my emotions but of course there's things to be looked at, such as forcing certain people to pay and whether more commercial revenue streams should be pursued.