BBC Radio Lincolnshire | Vital Football

BBC Radio Lincolnshire

lindumimp

Vital Football Hero
Been a really good listen this afternoon. Michael Hortin, Steve Thompson, Mark Hone have done a great job doing a filla! Well done guys!

Yes that was a good listen , I was enjoying it until some numpty jobsworth half-wit locked it for us exiles listening on the internet. Presumably the bloke who comes in on Saturday afternoons who is paid to pull the plug at 3.00pm failed to distinguish between the rights applying to broadcast of an efl game and Hortin and Thommo chewing the fat in the studio.

Say what you like about Thommo, that guy is a laugh a minute, in between the serious bits. IMO he's pretty good at both.

Steve Thompson is the best matchday reporter on bbc radio Lincolnshire it`s just a shame that the rest of the group around him sound so amateurish.Maybe not their fault but if you took Thommo off local radio it would suffer badly.

,It`s such a shame that every Saturday post match on Radio Lincolnshire there is no decent phone in, just bits and pieces,they need to take a leaf out of other regional post match broadcasts and improve their programme.

The guy/kid who reads out the final scores on Lincolnshire on a Saturday needs to take lessons from the late James Alexander Gordon and give us clarity, he has achieved confusion amongst many over such a simple task.......listen next week.

Yes I agree across the BBC and other networks nobody comes close to great JAG. It's so bloody annoying when you listen and no attempt at intonation is made. JAG was the benchmark, an institution and yet now the half-wits are allowed to read the results with no regard to the master.

It is at its worst when reading the classified results, but even the casual results renditions deserve better.

I`m getting to think that the same bloke who pulls out that blasted plug at 3 o clock every Saturday is the same bloke who has a go at the classified results at 5pm and he has yet to undergo 1 day of any proper training in radio and may just be an odd job man attached to the building.

The BBC increasing the licence to £150.50 from April,they are taking the p1ss,paying blokes to pull out plugs and doing it at the wrong times and the other week they gave us exiles full commentary when it should have been switched off.......for fcuk`s sake.
.......those classifieds are a disaster,why don`t Hortin or Makepeace tell that janitor he needs to take 5 minutes out to correct the process of delivering the football results, but nobody does a thing.................amateurish.

devonexlondonimp - 3/3/2018 20:35

I`m getting to think that the same bloke who pulls out that blasted plug at 3 o clock every Saturday is the same bloke who has a go at the classified results at 5pm and he has yet to undergo 1 day of any proper training in radio and may just be an odd job man attached to the building.

The BBC increasing the licence to £150.50 from April,they are taking the p1ss,paying blokes to pull out plugs and doing it at the wrong times and the other week they gave us exiles full commentary when it should have been switched off.......for fcuk`s sake.
.......those classifieds are a disaster,why don`t Hortin or Makepeace tell that janitor he needs to take 5 minutes out to correct the process of delivering the football results, but nobody does a thing.................amateurish.

Is this a joke post?

A £150pa for all Aunties output, its a bargain, get a life.

The coverage we get from Radio Lincs, Echo, Vitals, SWB etc is very good. Got to be one of, if not the, best covered Clubs in L2?

The Electric Banana - 3/3/2018 20:48

devonexlondonimp - 3/3/2018 20:35

Is this a joke post?

A £150pa for all Aunties output, its a bargain, get a life.

All radio is, is playing records and speaking in between. The issue is many on BBC local radio are broadcast journalists with little, or no, general broadcast presenting skills.

The thing is, could any of them carry a programme such as Simon Mayo, Ken Bruce, Alex Lester, Janice Long or indeed Dave Bussey? Nope, as they are incapable of putting a show together or even effectively filling when something goes wrong. Journalists report things in a very reporting style.

Broadcasters tell people things in a way that they want to hear it, with warmth and good humour. Which is why Tommo is the best of the bunch. He is a real person, with real experiences, who tells it as it is.

Two of the best broadcasters ever weren't journalists. I give you John Arlott and Brian Johnston.

devonexlondonimp - 3/3/2018 20:42

Get this phone in back and dump the dross.

Not that long ago the phone in on BBC Radio Lincolnshire was "There have been a few incidents recently on the A1. So today's phone in is...Are you scared of driving on the A1?"

Even Partridge couldn't come up with a better one than that. So why can't we have a football phone in?

Luke Imp - 3/3/2018 21:47

The coverage we get from Radio Lincs, Echo, Vitals, SWB etc is very good. Got to be one of, if not the, best covered Clubs in L2?

I agree, always amazed at the lack of coverage and forums other clubs have when I look them up prior to games

I don't know the lads name, but whoever does the Boston reports is terrible. I think he also did Gainsborough last season.
Sounds like a young kid, whose voice has barely broken. Voice of a child telling his mum something when he is on the verge of a tearful tantrum!

I listened for a while heading into work and thought it was really enjoyable. They should do more programmes like that. I agree they should do more phone-ins too... Radio Sheffield do one every night and they are a great listen.

The Imposter - 4/3/2018 08:31

I listened for a while heading into work and thought it was really enjoyable. They should do more programmes like that. I agree they should do more phone-ins too... Radio Sheffield do one every night and they are a great listen.
Praise and grumble?

BBC Radio Linconshire sports output to my mind is excellent and I agree they should consider more programmes like yesterday's afternoons.

Their rest of the output, if we are being kind is very safe and meh! But, the cornucopia of delights that is the BBC means I can listen to Radio 6 or 5 Live.

The person who reads the football results on Sports Report (Charlotte Green?) sounds like Jenny Agutter - they should be congratulated for that alone.

devonexlondonimp - 3/3/2018 19:48

The guy/kid who reads out the final scores on Lincolnshire on a Saturday needs to take lessons from the late James Alexander Gordon and give us clarity, he has achieved confusion amongst many over such a simple task.......listen next week.

I agree, he is appalling. How can reading out scores be made so painful? It's simply (team) followed by (score), then (team) followed by (score). Why try and mix it up? It really ruins what is actually a pretty good show. He always manages to make me shout at the radio!!! :wall:

Scotimp - 4/3/2018 10:16

The person who reads the football results on Sports Report (Charlotte Green?) sounds like Jenny Agutter - they should be congratulated for that alone.

Did you sneak into the Lincoln ABC to watch Walkabout ;-)