BBC Radio Lincolnshire | Page 2 | Vital Football

BBC Radio Lincolnshire

Remember John Inverdale saying that when he worked at Radio Lincolnshire a young score reader managed to end up with one spare team at the end and carried on regardless!

Luke Imp - 3/3/2018 21:47

The coverage we get from Radio Lincs, Echo, Vitals, SWB etc is very good. Got to be one of, if not the, best covered Clubs in L2?

I’d agree with that.

Coverage on Radio lincolnshire regards LCFC, not the issue it`t the quality of the content on some of the programmes eg Friday night 6pm and the use of Saturday 17.00-18.00 ....needs a post match phone in taking supporters views on board,it can be improved.

If we can only enhance 1 item let it be the reading of the classified results and Tomb Raider isn`t the only one banging his head against the wall.

I`m sure anybody delivering a public service provision paid for by taxpayers would appreciate feedback on the quality of their delivery and accept constructive feedback.

BBC accept constructive feedback? Not sure that will ever happen. They are too busy advertising themselves and telling the world how they are the pinnacle of broadcasting.

GreenNeedle - 4/3/2018 16:02

BBC accept constructive feedback? Not sure that will ever happen. They are too busy advertising themselves and telling the world how they are the pinnacle of broadcasting.

Have you got a better broadcaster in mind?

I've been the scourge of BBC's Points of View website and twitter page for years. I've ripped Eastenders to shreds many, many times and Dr Who plus anything with David Walliams in it. They might not like my constructive criticism but they do at least have a channel for me to vent my despair.

Croozey - 4/3/2018 16:49

I've been the scourge of BBC's Points of View website and twitter page for years. I've ripped Eastenders to shreds many, many times and Dr Who plus anything with David Walliams in it. They might not like my constructive criticism but they do at least have a channel for me to vent my despair.
Why would you even watch Eastenders?

The bit of the programme after half 5 does need changing to a phone in as at the moment its not the best as they basically just waffle, good programme otherwise.

YES agreed herts, Eastenders a complete waste of electricity and the programme with the highest tv ratings!

Every failed"actor and actress" that has ever appeared on the gogglebox, chiefly with mock cockney accents, creaming mega salaries off us mugs paying the tv licence.

Always wondered what the total salary bill would be for just one episode (screen goons/production luvvies) of that junk.....if the figures ever got out into the public domain we would be shocked and all calling for licence refunds.

All the Auntie haters can I please remind you of their back catalogue of unique live in the studio recordings of artists from the early 1960s thro' to today. Ask your self a question, have you ever bought a live at the BBC CD by your favourite band or artist?

Furthermore, who else would have given John Peel any airtime let alone nearly 40 years of championing a slew of new and challenging artists who became household names.

exhertsimp - 4/3/2018 18:24

Croozey - 4/3/2018 16:49

Why would you even watch Eastenders?

It's not my choice, it's Mrs Croozey's favourite though. I watch it under protest from behind my laptop. Last year my New Years resolution was never to watch Eastenders ever again. She was hoping I was going to say I'll lose some weight. I would go and sit in the conservatory until it was over.

I think the problem with phone-ins in the past was no one would phone in. Apart from some bloke who's name I can't recall who rang about Boston every week.
Nowadays would probably be ahem councillors from Skegness

Red Wimp - 4/3/2018 19:50

I think the problem with phone-ins in the past was no one would phone in.
Nowadays would probably be ahem a councillor from Skegness

Let me guess?

A lunatic right wing town cryer who made a barns arse and whooley of running the LCFC trust.

Now restricted to posting on the Fishy.

The Electric Banana - 4/3/2018 18:52

All the Auntie haters can I please remind you of their back catalogue of unique live in the studio recordings of artists from the early 1960s thro' to today. Ask your self a question, have you ever bought a live at the BBC CD by your favourite band or artist?

Furthermore, who else would have given John Peel any airtime let alone nearly 40 years of championing a slew of new and challenging artists who became household names.

I wonder how many "Auntie haters" pay far, far more for Murdoch's dubious products?

NottyImp - 4/3/2018 20:28

I wonder how many "Auntie haters" pay far, far more for Murdoch's dubious products?

Good point, well made.

Where are the softy right?

The Electric Banana - 4/3/2018 10:37

Scotimp - 4/3/2018 10:16

The person who reads the football results on Sports Report (Charlotte Green?) sounds like Jenny Agutter - they should be congratulated for that alone.

Did you sneak into the Lincoln ABC to watch Walkabout ;-)

I saw her as Regan in King Lear at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in 1982 (A-level English) and was sitting three feet from the stage. We were all drooling over her. That might have been because of the beer we had swallowed beforehand, though.

Right - most important thing here is the phrase "All things are relative".
1. Agreed we have excellent coverage of the Imps. The flipside is, we have become used to success and higher standards and now expect them all the time. The Cowleys have created a monster in terms of expectation. Unfortunately we now expect all things to achieve the highest levels, which of course is right if individuals and organisations profess to be "professional". Shouldn't be a problem as you have to drive standards to constantly improve them. For the record, I love listening to Hortin & Thommo who, for the most part are entertaining. I HATE listening to the idiot who does the live commentary on the i-Follow video commentary - Guy Owen? I now switch him off and just listen to the crowd cheering - some seconds after the event!
2. People and organisations ask for constructive criticism, then ironically get upset when you give it, or ignore it instead of thinking about it. Mega frustrating. Nothing worse than big organisations - they think they are right in all things and are so powerful they have the right to ignore genuine constructive criticism. Lesson - try a different approach - I complained to an internet provider, but finished it off with a challenge to them to try a different approach which might actually increase their uptake and income. Amazing what can be achieved, but it depends on the person at the other end and whether they are receptive and intelligent. I approached a Director. I-Follow is a classic example of an orgianisation that simply ignores criticism, constructive or otherwise. The club is on the ball but it seems i-Follow just ignores everything and eveyone. Very professional!!!!!!!
3. You think you have problems - you should live here in Perth. The main radio stations seem to be owned by the same company and all operate exactly the same model; three 'presenters' (they are not DJs as they know nothing about music and don't discuss it at all), two male and one female, they play the same music every day and all their talk time is taken up with a range of 'personal' day-to-day topics which affect people and their lives, leading to a 'phone-in' - with predictable results - mainly moronic dross! Does my head in - whatever happened to creativity, imagination and what the public wants (or then again, maybe this IS what the public wants - if so, its a downhill path.
Sorry for the rant, but as I said " all things are relative".

I was never a fan of John Peel. Always bored me. I was/am however, a fan of the late great Roger Scott, Sir Terry Wogan, Simon Mayo, Ken Bruce, Kenny Everett, Mike Smith, Kevin Greening, Fluff, Johnny Walker, Alex Lester, Tommy Vance, David Kid Jensen, Janice Long, Ken Bruce, Dave Bussey,Marc and Lard and damn it even Tony Blackburn.

Mainly because not only do they have a good ear for music, let's not forget Blackburn is an authority on soul music..and the rest do not necessarily always have to play the most popular stuff, but they speak and spoke with authority and had the amazing ability to communicate with everyone and also I felt that they were talking to me.

Peel could be quite pretentious and that annoyed me. Plus he bored me. To the core. Yes Auntie should cater for everyone, but I generally feel that the above...along with Bruno Brookes on the Top 40, and when he did the weekend Breakfast show with Liz Kershaw. It gave me an insight into broadcasting that was unrivalled.

Radio should be about the presenter enjoying themselves, as that is infectious and makes it enjoyable to listen to. I couldn't and still can't stand DLT, Bates, Jeremy Vine, Vanessa Feltz, Noel Edmonds and Steve Wright. Don't even go there with Chris Evans or Moyles. I find/found their style pious and patronising.

I find BBC Radio Lincolnshire a cross between The Day Today and Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridge and yes that includes their coverage of football. Crashing in of jingles, if you can call them that, not fading things...and just hard cuts. It is really quite horrid. Controlling a radio desk is not hard, saying something that keeps people entertained...for the right reason is.

Friday Football is a key example....it is cringeworthy and having done Community and Student Radio...for many years, and with a lot of erstwhile colleagues and trusted friends now on Network BBC Radio, we'd be embarrassed with that output. It just sounds bad.

UnbelievableJeff - 5/3/2018 02:52

I was never a fan of John Peel.....

Thank goodness someone has the cojones to say that. His reputation is way in excess of his actual achievements and practically his entire output post-1977 was utterly unlistenable. Emperors-New-Clothes radio for pseuds.

With regards to local radio it really only comes into its own for snow days and local sport because it's populated mosly by enthusiastic amateurs.

Danny Baker used to get £250 a show on LBC and the two that used to do it with him £50 each. So for them that was £250 a week gross. In London. For a show that won the Sony Gold Award and was listened to worldwide.

As terrible as it generally is, and however brilliantly lampooned by Steve Coogan, at least you get the football coverage you'd never receive elsewhere.