BBC Highlights vs Northampton | Page 2 | Vital Football

BBC Highlights vs Northampton

Tuned in for Match of the Day for the first time in donkeys' years. Watched a bunch of weird teams prancing around in front of half-empty stadiums, and old blokes in denim shirts demanding 'VAR' during the intervals.

No FA Cup though.

Tuned in for Match of the Day for the first time in donkeys' years. Watched a bunch of weird teams prancing around in front of half-empty stadiums, and old blokes in denim shirts demanding 'VAR' during the intervals.

No FA Cup though.

You had to press the Red Button on Teletext to see the FA Cup highlights.

Deflection on Bruno's winner, or optical illusion?
We were right behind it and I said at the time it had taken a small deflection..... and nothing on there to make me change my mind........ and it's still a great goal.

He made a couple of superb saves to his left, one of which is strangely absent from the highlights, and the first goal went to his right.

A comparative weakness perhaps or a bobble? I'm sure Andy Warrington will be on it at any rate,if there is something to be ironed out.

I was far more concerned with the two complete flaps he made during the game, one in each half.

The Vickers save not shown, to be fair would have been candidate for goal of the season if he'd pulled it off, was a great strike

Agreed. All 3 goals beautifully worked/taken. I think Bruno's was my favourite as it was with his right.

when are the highlights put up on iFollow? Can't see the Beeb highlights here.

Last edited:

No FA Cup though.
Half empty stadiums ,Really which grounds were they?

Well I was all set to watch the match today and then remembered no iFollow. Bugger. Can't see why the BBC can't put the games up on their platform though, it's not like they haven't got the footage.