Barrymore | Vital Football

Barrymore

Lark

Vital Football Hero
Did anyone see the documentary last night?
Quite incredible that no one was ever charged in this case. There were only 8 people at the house who could have been responsible, any one or possibly even all involved.
I suspect a pact of silence between those present since all important evidence was removed from the scene after the police botched the early stages of the inquiry.

Couldn't help but feel so sorry for the Lubbock family. A son sexually assaulted and dies or was murdered after abuse at a Barrymore party. Three most likely perpetrators (including Barrymore) are right in the frame but still no one is brought to justice due to police botch. At least one of them knows the truth.
Barrymore fled the scene of the crime. He lied. He maintained a silence in court. He invented alternate and ludicrous theories for Lubbocks injuries. Then, in true Prince Andrew style, went (still lying) on a charm offensive to try and clear his way back to TV stardom.
Laughed at him once but the stink of what went on in his house that night will never leave him.

Did anyone see the documentary last night?
Quite incredible that no one was ever charged in this case. There were only 8 people at the house who could have been responsible, any one or possibly even all involved.
I suspect a pact of silence between those present since all important evidence was removed from the scene after the police botched the early stages of the inquiry.

Does he play for the Gills? What happened to N/G?

Couldn't help but feel so sorry for the Lubbock family. A son sexually assaulted and dies or was murdered after abuse at a Barrymore party. Three most likely perpetrators (including Barrymore) are right in the frame but still no one is brought to justice due to police botch. At least one of them knows the truth.
Barrymore fled the scene of the crime. He lied. He maintained a silence in court. He invented alternate and ludicrous theories for Lubbocks injuries. Then, in true Prince Andrew style, went (still lying) on a charm offensive to try and clear his way back to TV stardom.
Laughed at him once but the stink of what went on in his house that night will never leave him.

Agree with that apart from saying that he was ever funny. Somehow made an act out of portraying a fictional character (Basil Fawlty) combined with saying "Alwight" a lot. Otherwise just a dreary game show host. Cant see why anyone would miss him from the screens.

His best period was as a supporting actor on the Russ Abbot show. Now HE is a funny man.

Last edited:
I saw Barrymore before he was ever on TV.His act was original but he just repeated.the same stuff a bit like a very poor man's Brucey.I aways thought he seemed a bit odd but could never really work him out.A lot better comics have never got as much TV work as him.

I saw Barrymore before he was ever on TV.His act was original but he just repeated.the same stuff a bit like a very poor man's Brucey.I aways thought he seemed a bit odd but could never really work him out.A lot better comics have never got as much TV work as him.

That was down to his manager/wife.

I too saw Barrymore before he became famous, warm up for Gloria Gaynor at Barnsley Town Hall. He impressed me by engaging a tough audience while Gloria delayed her entrance by more than half an hour. Not my cup of tea but he was a talented entertainer. Desperate for the Lubbock family but Barrymore had allowed fame to destroy any sense of reality he had and a tragedy of some sort was almost inevitable.

I too saw Barrymore before he became famous, warm up for Gloria Gaynor at Barnsley Town Hall. He impressed me by engaging a tough audience while Gloria delayed her entrance by more than half an hour. Not my cup of tea but he was a talented entertainer. Desperate for the Lubbock family but Barrymore had allowed fame to destroy any sense of reality he had and a tragedy of some sort was almost inevitable.
I actually saw him at Blackpool under Little and Large in a summer season.That first appearance was funny .But that is in think the only time he made me laugh(The only time I saw him live.) He seemed to have half hour or so of good quality act .But I think that was it nothing new.It probably goes to show how hard it is for comics going on stage year after year and on tv.The best can maintain a funny act.All credit to all the guys that make us laugh.

In my opinion, I think he is guilty , he employed the best or certainly one of best and most expensive crime lawyers (Mansfield), left the crime scene, sent his assistant back the next day, now various objects missing, and most importantly whenever he was interviewed by the press or spoke too by people in the big brother house all he was going on about was how his life has been messed up and he feel he has been kicked about, and he could never look anyone in the eyes, and as for 4 different so called post-mortems all coming to different conclusions obviously that’s what has saved him so far.

I actually saw him at Blackpool under Little and Large in a summer season.That first appearance was funny .But that is in think the only time he made me laugh(The only time I saw him live.) He seemed to have half hour or so of good quality act .But I think that was it nothing new.It probably goes to show how hard it is for comics going on stage year after year and on tv.The best can maintain a funny act.All credit to all the guys that make us laugh.
Did you have to watch Little & Large and Barrymore as some kind of Community Service alternative to a prison sentence? I think I would have chosen Porridge.

About as funny as Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda combined.

Did you have to watch Little & Large and Barrymore as some kind of Community Service alternative to a prison sentence? I think I would have chosen Porridge.

About as funny as Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda combined.
As I said Barrymore was funny once and only once.

whether he was involved or not, he knows what happened. utter scumbag for putting the family through the turmoil all this time. someone needs to be big enough to tell the truth.

That must have been something to see! Barrymore under Little & Large 😅😅😅

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think he is guilty , he employed the best or certainly one of best and most expensive crime lawyers (Mansfield), left the crime scene, sent his assistant back the next day, now various objects missing, and most importantly whenever he was interviewed by the press or spoke too by people in the big brother house all he was going on about was how his life has been messed up and he feel he has been kicked about, and he could never look anyone in the eyes, and as for 4 different so called post-mortems all coming to different conclusions obviously that’s what has saved him so far.
Good job you're not in charge of the criminal justice system. You can't convict people on the basis of what you think; a conviction has to be based on guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. If the police did do a botched job then doubt comes into play.

Well I’m not in charge but I have my opinion, why has he refused lie detector? I know your answer because he doesn’t have too take one: but if he was found that he wasn’t telling lies the police could move on too one of the other two suspects.

Last edited: