Barry Fuller | Vital Football

Barry Fuller

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Just seen on a tweet from AFC Wimbledon, that Baz Fuller was voted into their “Team of the Decade” by their fans.

Was wondering, he would probably be a big consideration for RB in our Team of the last Decade wouldn’t he?

First spell early in the decade. And the last 2 or 3 seasons he’s been phenomenal.

Have we had another RB who would oust him? If not, he would have to be in elite company to be voted in a team of the decade at 2 separate clubs.

What a legend 👍

I thought O’Neill was outstanding at right back for a prolonged spell when Lovell first took over but I think his confidence disintegrated and he became a shadow of that player. Barry easily first place for me.
Matt Fish second.

Full backs rarely get legend status, although anyone who goes in goal and makes a save to win a penalty shoot-out might fit the bill. Step forward Paul Haylock.

Agree, can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Fish was very good in the title winning season but the injury ruined his progress. O'Neil was good, and was largely the only person who could cross a ball.

Barry massively outstripped many fans expectations on his return. His determination and work rate are also a great inspiration for our younger players. Legend status approved!

Fuller thrived at the end of the 2000s and only played for a season or so at the start of the 2010s. Had he played most of the 2010s then he’ll definitely be our LB of the decade. In the 2000s we spent half the decade in 2nd flight rather than the basement of the FL. From what I remember, however, the likes of Roland Edge and John Hills didn’t stand out as much. Brian McGlinchey and Tom Williams though, they stood out...

Did Danny Jackman play on the left when he was asked to play fullback?

Fuller thrived at the end of the 2000s and only played for a season or so at the start of the 2010s. Had he played most of the 2010s then he’ll definitely be our LB of the decade. In the 2000s we spent half the decade in 2nd flight rather than the basement of the FL. From what I remember, however, the likes of Roland Edge and John Hills didn’t stand out as much. Brian McGlinchey and Tom Williams though, they stood out...

Did Danny Jackman play on the left when he was asked to play fullback?
Williams stood out for the wrong reasons