Barnsley Fan Comments | Vital Football

Barnsley Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
C'mon lads one last push and let's at least take it to the final game on Wednesday evening. We've a slim chance even with a win this afternoon but it's a chance none the less.

On paper Forest are our easiest opposition since probably QPR when you look at their form. Unfortunately for us they still need a point to confirm a place in the play offs.

Forest are in the playoffs, they need a 7 goal swing due to their superior goal diff over Swansea. Forest home to Stoke, Swansea away to Reading, none of them anything to play for. 1-0 to us will mean they'll need a 6 goal swing, so that'll do tomorrow.

Just need the win, don't care how they do it. Knob end winner int 92nd minute ul do me.

lolley, cash and sow out injured i read onlinr. hope lolley is out gd player.

Forest away, we hammered them. They got a very lucky 1 nil win after it was 1 way traffic for the majority.

Forest fan’s interpretation of our crest. I found it quite funny. Have a look on their forum under the match day thread.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48859

Yes, interesting that they've put on a picture from "Bob, Sue & Rita too", which is well connected with.....Bradford. Geography not their strong point but they are good with crayon.

"Scabs lives matter" made me laugh.

I thought that was a decent penalty shout.

You see this type of thing quite a bit. The defender went to block the shot and collided with Styles. That’s a late challenge and a foul anywhere else on the pitch. However, the defender has to make the block, so I suppose you can make a case for it being an accidental coming together.

Dawson and Watson both look very lumbering.

3" the other way and it's on off the post and we're 1-0 up. Such is football...

It is. Hope you've got the tissues handy.

Tissues? You sure you are watching the football?

I'm not saying we are a good side but we are unlucky.

we arent a good side. we are ******* appauling.

Not as bad as your spelling.

We've made Forest look bang average but the problem is we need 8-10 chances if not more before we score. If we present Forest with one decent goal scoring opportunity in the second half it is likely to end up in the back of the net.

That's a straigh red FFS.

I thought it was totally out of control as well - definitely seen them given.

Too nice. Any other team would have been all round red, pushing Watson, all that stuff.

Studs up, shin high. Definitely red.

I think Ryan Yates has misunderstood the new laws on face masks.

He looks like he’s off to a swingers party.

Forest need a point, they are playing deep & defending in numbers.

Thomas very unlucky there hit the bar with a great shot after a good move keeper no where.

If football was about keeping possession of the ball and short accurate passing we'd be a successful team. It isn't and we've coached the team to be a good at a game that the rest of the league don't play. They all play 'the team that scores the most goals wins'. We don't even set up to try to do that...

6 minutes till the end of our season.

10,000 people groaning when Scmidt is brought on.

Down to 10 men with him on.

Definition of insanity: keep putting the same player on every game and expecting something different to happen.

He is simply awful in front of goal.

We are simply awful in front of goal.

Forest player meanders off pitch for substitution and not one redd player complains. Ses it all for me I’ve turned it off.

Get in!!

You Reds.

Well well look who scored.

Forest sat back and eventually, given enough chances we got the win we deserved!

Thoroughly enjoyable and thoroughly deserved.

Enjoyable? Are you some kind of masochist?! My heart rate still hasn't returned to normal. I was all geared up for relegation and now i have to care again on Wednesday!

Brian Clough, Peter Taylor, Lee Westwood, Stuart Broad, Carl Froch...your boys took a helluva 1 - 0 beating there.

That tackle from styles when forest looked through... absolutely superb ...which led to our attack and goal.

First 90+ winner since 2016.

Fair comments, I thought we were woeful - worst I've seen us and sadly predictable when you look at the line up.

I know we have injuries but Sabri has to learn that another effective method of defence is to actually have an attack. Hard not to be critical of Sabri, despite what he's done this season and strange that tiredness is mentioned, when every team is in the same situation.

We showed no ambition and got exactly what we deserved - nothing!

We were lucky to have not lost by 3 or 4 and Watson could have been red carded, which would certainly have made the Stoke game even more nervy.

Fair comments, I thought we were woeful - worst I've seen us and sadly predictable when you look at the line up.

I know we have injuries but Sabri has to learn that another effective method of defence is to actually have an attack. Hard not to be critical of Sabri, despite what he's done this season and strange that tiredness is mentioned, when every team is in the same situation.

We were lucky to have not lost by 3 or 4 and Watson could have been red carded, which would certainly have made the Stoke game even more nervy.

There can't be many other sides in the league that have had that many players play that many games due to the sheer gulf in quality between their first choice and their second choice 11.

Don't worry chap. The Stoke game provides us with another ample opportunity to lose by 3 or 4.

Cheers CP, always a good read these.

”he looks like he’s off to a swingers party” made me proper lol.

Seems like that Schmidt chap is their version of Diakhaby but he scores.

Theres plenty more teams I’d like to see relegated before Barnsley so I hope by some miracle they stay up.