Barnet | Vital Football

Barnet

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
If we play against Barnet like we did against Brackley we will get our arses handed to us on a plate.

Pools never do what is expected!
I doubt Sweeney will make many, if any, changes to the starting lineup so if we can keep in the hunt till about the 60th minute then a couple of astute substitutions should see us at least get a draw.

Well, that's my prediction - but I wouldn't be putting money on ?

A useful win today. That's three wins, six goals scored and none conceded. That'll do me. Sweeney has the right idea.

Pools had a game plan, they pretty much stifled Barnet in the first half, I think Killip only had one worthwhile save to make in the full 90 minutes, stopped Barnet playing out from the back and in James and Kabamba had forwards to apply relentless pressure on CBs.
Defence was solid and well marshalled.

If we could only start to show some threat from set pieces, or even organisation / prepared ploys!

Sweeney has certainly given Raj a headache on what to do next regarding a managerial appointment.

Sweeney has certainly given Raj a headache on what to do next regarding a managerial appointment.

Raj can take his time. He could give Sweeney six games with a target of 14 or 15 points to earn the job. If he can do that he will be less of a risk than some out-of-work "experienced" manager. Raj should remember how that worked out last time.

I think that's right. Away at in form Notts County will be a very stern test and will give some indication if Sweens really does have the magic touch. Notts are pretty good at home so Sweens will have to prepare well and hope the Stockport performance is a thing of the past. When this team are at their best I reckon they are a match for anyone in this horrible league but being consistent is elusive not just for Pools but for most others as well.

Barnet were a very capable side who have the potential to inflict damage and quickly. They were very sharp on the break and well organised when attacking, which indicates how well we played. We did something we haven’t done for a long while, we got in their faces, never let them settle and closed the down very quickly, giving them very little time on the ball.

Plus we worked hard and looked well drilled both with and without the ball, as Sir Bobby said ’when you’re in possession you’re out of position, when you’re out of possession you’re in position’ which we had nailed down. Not sure what Donaldson’s remit was cos he was hardly ever in position, must have some sort of free role, managers like him, Im not too fussed, he gets in the way on occasion.

Not too much damage done [through not playing] Tuesday night, but a point on Saturday away to Notts County will be an achievement. Must go with a positive attitude but without being complacent.
:red: