Barca | Vital Football

Barca

Bruce68

Vital Football Hero
How times have changed Barca getting a footballing lesson in the Nou Camp now 7-0 down on aggregate.

Wonder what odds you'd have got on this before the first leg? Shows just how much influence a manager has, this same set of players (or very similar) won the CL two years ago and were robbed of a place in the final by chelskis flukey negative tactics when Guardiola was in charge. No doubt this year... they've been murdered, and what makes it better, guardiola is taking over munich in the summer isn't he?

The brilliant, superior Germans - singing "fussball's coming home".

They were shite some years back, horrible teams, horrible players, and horrible national side. They looked at it and got it sorted. I wonder if Carr is now driving his caravan to Germany?

Would much prefer the core of our squad to be german rather than french,I have mentioned this since the january arrivals here.

Tried to attach the quote from the bayern chairman but didn't work. Basically talking about freezing season tickets at £103 as they don't want to milk the fans like cows and an increase to £300 would only bring in £2m which is fook all in the world of footy

Barca found out yet again in a semi final, teams don't fear them anymore, get at them and they hate it, no plan b at all. They've been a great team for years,and it was a pleasure to watch them evolve into that great team whilst along the way playing some of the best football a lot of us have ever seen.But I'm bored of them now.Hopefully this was the changing of the guard.

Superb performance by Bayern over the two legs. They waltzed the Bundesliga and although Dortmund are a good side themselves the only hope they have is that Pardew takes over at Bayern and totally fucks them up with his negative tactics and his penchant for playing players out of position.

The balance of power is shifting. Germany have overhauled their system (from the bottom up as i understand it) and we're starting to see it on the pitch. English FA take note, good youngsters coming through, and nobody like abramovic and mansour coming in and reducing the competitiveness of the league

Nufc_Ben - 1/5/2013 22:27

Barca found out yet again in a semi final, teams don't fear them anymore, get at them and they hate it, no plan b at all. They've been a great team for years,and it was a pleasure to watch them evolve into that great team whilst along the way playing some of the best football a lot of us have ever seen.But I'm bored of them now.Hopefully this was the changing of the guard.

arbitrary, capricious, changeable, cheating, coquettish, double-crossing, faithless, fitful, flighty, frivolous, inconstant, irresolute, lubricious, mercurial, mutable, quicksilver, sneaking, temperamental, ticklish, two-timing, unfaithful, unpredictable, unstable, unsteady, untrue, variable, volatile, whimsical, yo-yo

Toon_Demon - 2/5/2013 08:36

The balance of power is shifting. Germany have overhauled their system (from the bottom up as i understand it) and we're starting to see it on the pitch. English FA take note, good youngsters coming through, and nobody like abramovic and mansour coming in and reducing the competitiveness of the league
Foreign ownership is effectively closed in Spain, Germany and Italy.

They have not been without their share of egos either - but when you have a pool of great talent coming through, there is probably less space for the egos to do damage. I really admire it when things are done the right way.

But mark this, even when they were crap, they were somehow managing to get sides to World Cup finals - remember that horrible German side that everyone hated in a World cup back 15-20 years ago?

About 40 years ago, when I was just in secondary school, I did a project on German Sport and I wrote away to the West German Embassay for some information. I thought i might get a few pretty pictures etc so imagine my surprise when i received several pretty detailed documents by return detailing the structure of German Sports at each and every level.