banking "porkie pies" | Vital Football

banking "porkie pies"

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
Bungling bank staff are leaving customers out of pocket because they don’t know the basic rules of business.

Every week Money Mail hears from readers whose legitimate requests for help or claims for cash are turned down - and usually it’s poor staff training and plain indifference that are to blame.

Here are five of the most common fob-offs given to customers by bank staff - and your rights.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-2375340/The-little-white-lies-bank-staff-use-fob-off.html#ixzz2ZxNl1Pgp

Kefkat, your sig: What if it's a goose (or other species of aquatic fowl) impersonating a duck?

I think I can answer this on Kefkat's behalf

In those circumstances Jonah it is not a flaming duck. It is in fact a flaming goose (or other species of aquatic fowl) impersonating a duck.

:14:

Well im currently out of work and want a massive loan to go partying and maybe buy a yacht, they ought to be lending people like me huge sums imo

LMAO this sig went up at the time I had had a heated exchange with my Daughter and those were my words to her.

It turned out I was right. Think it's time to think of changing it

Clubpaver - 24/7/2013 14:04

I phoned my bank Nimmo,but i couldn`t understand what they were saying !!

Were they just waffling on about ducks and geese?

Ratman - 24/7/2013 13:38

In those circumstances Jonah it is not a flaming duck. It is in fact a flaming goose (or other species of aquatic fowl) impersonating a duck.

In which case then If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is not necessarily a flaming duck.

Or is it?

Jonah - 24/7/2013 14:58

Ratman - 24/7/2013 13:38

In which case then If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is not necessarily a flaming duck.

Or is it?

There are exceptions to every rule that is why I questioned the "it is what it is" remark

In my opinion it is what it is except for when it's not. And I think you just proved that!

telling porkies, pulling the wool over our eyes or staff just not trained?

Or all three.

Sadly it then looks like all of the staff are like this which isn't true. But flaming annoying when these stunts are pulled.

I rung to cancel a credit card the other day, happily have no more use for these things and don't intend (apart from using one as a monthly payment card and getting my Tesco points from it!) to use again.

The kerfuffle to just close the account. Had to go through to a different department and then all sorts of offers to me. I just kept saying no, I want to cancel. No I want to cancel... no... I want to know the royal babies name... etc

Well, the first two anyway.

Got what I wanted in the end...

It's Derek!

The Fear - 24/7/2013 16:10

telling porkies, pulling the wool over our eyes or staff just not trained?

Or all three.

Sadly it then looks like all of the staff are like this which isn't true. But flaming annoying when these stunts are pulled.

I rung to cancel a credit card the other day, happily have no more use for these things and don't intend (apart from using one as a monthly payment card and getting my Tesco points from it!) to use again.

The kerfuffle to just close the account. Had to go through to a different department and then all sorts of offers to me. I just kept saying no, I want to cancel. No I want to cancel... no... I want to know the royal babies name... etc

Well, the first two anyway.

Got what I wanted in the end...

It's Derek!

I had the same problem too..... with my NEXT card that is. Trying to get them to shut my account down as I didn't want it anymore was extremely 'Derek'

They didn't seem to understand that if I want to use a credit card I would a general 1 where I had choice of where to buy from and not a card where I have no choice. I had only had the card in the first place because of an offer, used the offer and wanted to close it

Derek James?