Bands You Wish You hadn't seen... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You hadn't seen...

These aren't bands I wish I hadn't seen, but are the ones I have been most disappointed in seeing live - the Four Seasons, at the Fiesta club, Sheffield; and Foreigner at the NEC

Spear of Destiny.

I wasn't a fan, but a mate was and they were playing at Rock City.

They were ear-bleedingly loud (and I've seen motorhead at Rock City) and I left after 2 1/2 songs.
One of our music teachers played with them. He played with them, along with Hawkwind, at an anti-heroic gig with Dame Vera Lynn back in the 80s...

He plays sax for Lisa Stanfield now...

Bai Bang. Got dragged to it by my glam-loving friend - can't stand that crap myself. A load of chubby old Swedish blokes with bandanas on, sweating profusely and hammering out the typical glam rubbish. Ugh!

Y&T at Newcastle Mayfair circa 1984. Christ, they were awful. Scarily, I think they might be still going.

Y&T at Newcastle Mayfair circa 1984. Christ, they were awful. Scarily, I think they might be still going.

Yep, i saw they were playing Rock City late last year. I must admit i'd never heard of them but i was chatting to 2 old rockers on the train ro Nottingham that had travelled down from Scotland to see them.

Ah, fair play. Tank were one of the minor NWOBHM bands if I remember rightly.
Just found this thread. Bringing back lots of memories. Tank were utterly awful. I had the misfortune to see them at least 3 times. Once was whilst they supported Girlschool at the Drill Hall, another time was when they supported Motorhead at the sadly missed Leeds Queens Hall (fantastic venue and crowd). Can't remember the 3rd time, so main act must have been pretty rubbish that night as well. On each occasion the lead singer whinged about having a sore throat, which was why he couldn't sing properly. One of the NWOBHM bands that's best consigned to history.

Following on from my reply to Notty and Sincilbanks about Tank, although they were exceptionally bad the worst headlining band I ever saw was Kid Creole and the Coconuts at a student night at Portsmouth Locarno in about 1984/85. Legend had it that the crowd took such an exception to him that only Kid Creole went home after the show that night. Apparently his Coconuts got left behind!

Following on from my reply to Notty and Sincilbanks about Tank, although they were exceptionally bad the worst headlining band I ever saw was Kid Creole and the Coconuts at a student night at Portsmouth Locarno in about 1984/85. Legend had it that the crowd took such an exception to him that only Kid Creole went home after the show that night. Apparently his Coconuts got left behind!

The old ones are always the oldest :p

Not exactly one I wish I hadn't seen but one which was extremely boring - Deep Purple and Styx. A friend bought the tickets and I went along, but man it was dull.

Alexander O’Neil at the Engine Shed a few years back .... did 4 songs and then disappeared backstage for a rest 😳

Not exactly one I wish I hadn't seen but one which was extremely boring - Deep Purple and Styx. A friend bought the tickets and I went along, but man it was dull.

Probably best not to have seen Purple anytime after Gillan left in about 1973, to be honest.