Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

We had tickets for Sterophonics at Sheffield just before the lockdown but didn’t fancy it so moved the tix on, I don’t think they got used in the end.
Quite fancied the Killers who were due to be touring this summer but I couldn’t justify the cost (over £100)
Would like to see Green Day, only seen a tribute who were very good (think they were called Basket Case)

We've got a couple of tickets for them at Carrow Road, Norwich (in the away end, so quite close to the stage) The gig was cancelled on June 1st, so its the same date next summer fingers crossed.

Loads from the 70's such as T Rex & The Sweet (although we are going to see a tribute next November) .... Earth, Wind & Fire, Kool & The Gang and Chic (all original line-ups) in their pomp would've been good too.

We've got a couple of tickets for them at Carrow Road, Norwich (in the away end, so quite close to the stage) The gig was cancelled on June 1st, so its the same date next summer fingers crossed.

We’ve booked for May next year at the Keepmoat. Like you say fingers crossed, I reckon they’ll be really good live. Got a feeling the current crisis will be still ongoing though

Loads from the 70's such as T Rex & The Sweet (although we are going to see a tribute next November) .... Earth, Wind & Fire, Kool & The Gang and Chic (all original line-ups) in their pomp would've been good too.

Saw Nile Rogers at Glastonbury a few years ago and it was great (although it was the Sunday night so memory is a bit sketchy!), so I imagine the original Chic line-up would have been brilliant.

Like Notty the Clash would have been top of my list.

Bands I wish I hadn’t seen live - New Order. I love them but my word they’re not very good live.

Wish I'd seen the Alarm.
Might still do one day once this is all over.
I have seen Mike Peters in one of his other modes in Dead Men Walking along with Glen Matlock but not the Alarm proper.

For those with youtube, well worth watching the Alarm's big night in shows, happen on some Saturday nights but still there on youtube afterwards.
It's Mike and his fabulous wife Jules broadcasting from their home.

Bands I wish I hadn’t seen live - New Order. I love them but my word they’re not very good live.

That’s another on my bucket list actually, hmmm might not bother now? I’ve seen Peter Hook & The Light at Sheff Uni and they were decent.

That’s another on my bucket list actually, hmmm might not bother now? I’ve seen Peter Hook & The Light at Sheff Uni and they were decent.

Don’t let me put you off! It’s just that Bernard’s voice has never been that great. I think they are due to tour next year, although I doubt that’ll be going ahead.

Wish I'd seen the Alarm.
Might still do one day once this is all over.
I have seen Mike Peters in one of his other modes in Dead Men Walking along with Glen Matlock but not the Alarm proper.

For those with youtube, well worth watching the Alarm's big night in shows, happen on some Saturday nights but still there on youtube afterwards.
It's Mike and his fabulous wife Jules broadcasting from their home.
Saw them in Sheffield a couple of years back. Very good.
Also saw Mike Peters with Big Country a few years.

This is definitely me demonstrating my indie hipster credentials but I really wish I'd seen Girls - San Francisco band who made three records 2009-11 time. Really amazing production and sort of classic rock/classic sound - think like The Band etc.

Sadly the bassist and producer died last month (I think the band in general had their demons) but the three records are pretty flawless in my view. I think they were a lot bigger in the States than here, with rave reviews from the big music publications.

The Sonics in their 60s prime would have been great, and while I saw The Beach Boys perform at the Sheffield Arena in the 90s, they would have been fantastic to watch in the 60s.

The Move always looked like a great live band, likewise The Creation, and both were renowned for their stage antics.

Apart from some artists from the late 1950's/ 1960's who had disappeared long before I was old enough,one group who I would have liked to see was The Who.

Wouldn't minded have seen these if I had been old enough. The Outlaws were a group in their own right,although this video is from the film "Live It Up " (1963).
On the far left is Ritchie Blackmore,later to acheive mega fame with Deep Purple and Rainbow. Second from the right is Chas Hodges who went on in later years to form "Chas And Dave "

I bet Blackmore doesn't like being reminded about those 'moves'. Mind you, he was only about 19 years old.