Bands You Wish You had seen... | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

Guns 'n' Roses on their first UK tour. They actually played Rock City and I was living in Nottingham at the time but missed it.

Not after that, ever!

... So, in a similar vein, who do you wish you'd seen but didn't.

I'm going to start with The Clash.

We had tickets for Sterophonics at Sheffield just before the lockdown but didn’t fancy it so moved the tix on, I don’t think they got used in the end.
Quite fancied the Killers who were due to be touring this summer but I couldn’t justify the cost (over £100)
Would like to see Green Day, only seen a tribute who were very good (think they were called Basket Case)

Guns 'n' Roses on their first UK tour. They actually played Rock City and I was living in Nottingham at the time but missed it.

Not after that, ever!

I saw them at Reading Festival in, i think, 2001? It was only Axl and the drummer from the glory years but i have to say they were still awesome. Seeing them at Rock City in the 80s would have been brilliant. I saw Izzy Stradlin there just after he left, which was so-so.

Saw The Clash.

On the didnt see but wanted too list though includes Sex Pistols, The Damned, Joy Division, Nirvana, Arcade Fire ( pre stadium gigs).

Not after that, ever!

So Mrs Notty chips in with Led Zeppelin. Here's the thing, though, at 15 years old she had a ticket to nebworth... until her mother saw through her tissue of lies about what she cliamed she was doing that weekend and banned her from going!

Gutting...

s
So Mrs Notty chips in with Led Zeppelin. Here's the thing, though, at 15 years old she had a ticket to nebworth... until her mother saw through her tissue of lies about what she cliamed she was doing that weekend and banned her from going!

Gutting...
Saw them twice in a week Earls Court 1975......middle front 10 rows.....they were good........GREAT LIVE PERFORMANCES

INTRO ALAN FREEMAN?

Last edited:
We had tickets for Sterophonics at Sheffield just before the lockdown but didn’t fancy it so moved the tix on, I don’t think they got used in the end.
Quite fancied the Killers who were due to be touring this summer but I couldn’t justify the cost (over £100)
Would like to see Green Day, only seen a tribute who were very good (think they were called Basket Case)
I'd like to see Green Day too. Foo Fighters are another on my wish list. But, I have to say, I find ticket prices for such bands ridiculous.
I'd also like to have seen some of the big old metal bands like Motorhead and Black Sabbath.
Midnight Oil are very good live, if you ever get chance to see them. I certainly wish, at 3 months shy of 50, I had the energy that Pete Garrett has at 67!!

Bob Marley and the Wailers, Led Zep, Nirvana, Frank Sinatra, in fact too many to mention. I havnt included any band I still might have the chance to see but will mention the Rolling Stones, I need to get over the ticket price when they do tour and just do it before it's too late else I will regret it. I really am missing live gigs.

I'd like to see Green Day too. Foo Fighters are another on my wish list. But, I have to say, I find ticket prices for such bands ridiculous.
I'd also like to have seen some of the big old metal bands like Motorhead and Black Sabbath.
Midnight Oil are very good live, if you ever get chance to see them. I certainly wish, at 3 months shy of 50, I had the energy that Pete Garrett has at 67!!

The ticket price is because that's where the money is, now. It used to be physical sales of product - singles and albums - that made the money, with tours to promote them, now it's the other way around.

Edit: but yes, horribly expensive. I wanted to take Mrs notty to see ELO, who she likes. £125.00 each at the NEC for seats that were probably half a mile away.

Bob Marley and the Wailers, Led Zep, Nirvana, Frank Sinatra, in fact too many to mention. I havnt included any band I still might have the chance to see but will mention the Rolling Stones, I need to get over the ticket price when they do tour and just do it before it's too late else I will regret it. I really am missing live gigs.

Better hurry, Keef isn't going to last forever! :grinning:

We’d like to see Foo Fighters too and agree with ticket prices, these days it seems unless you see bands when they’re up and coming or when they’re on the way down people are often priced out of the market or can’t justify the cost. I’m not familiar with Midnight Oil...I’ll check them out