Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 15 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

Would have loved to have seen Jimi Hendrix.
My brother Brian , who is sadly no longer with us , saw him at the Isle of White and said it was a once in a lifetime experience.

John Fogerty. He was actually touring not long before lockdown. Sadly the UK leg of his tour only extended to London so it didn't happen for me.

Well, Mr Plant and friends were very good indeed.

The support act was truly execrable.

As the Thommo thread was froze Notty I'd just like to clear up regarding the list of names you put up. As I said I would never go out to purposely to upset anyone and my comments were aimed at the sort of comments Thommo was supposed to have come out with in commentary.

I personally wouldn't use any of the words you listed apart from ****'s. I do use that word and make absolutely no apologies for doing so. I have suffered massively financially through those people so if that word offends them or anyone else I really couldn't give two monkeys.

That's all really Notty, sorry I didn't get to reply to you before the thread was frozen.

The Bangles: probably the best ever all female band of musicians. Loved Suzanna Hoffs in the 80’s, and still do (like 5 million others).

Worth checking out for some good fun pop that makes you feel better. Suzanna sets a very high bar for well preserved musicians, and ladies in general, from that era. But I am very biased. See what you think.

Six albums in about four years, an amazing sound when played loud. Dad threatened to evict me because of Deep Purple and Led Zepp.
Saw Deep Purple Mark ll at Knebworth in 1985. They were trying to break the world record for the loudest concert ever that night if I remember rightly. It was a miserable day weatherwise. The only thing that kept me dry was the constant barrage of bottles being thrown that helped to keep the rain off you. Happy days!

I would like to have seen these. This is Lord Sutch and the Savages from 1962,with Ritchie Blackmore on the right. Lord (David) Sutch is dancing here well before his time as leader of The Monster Raving Loony Party.
1690730032834.jpeg

For those of you that have never seen them, or not recently, Hawkwind have announced that they have approx ten more gigs before they stop playing live. Dave Brock is now 82.

They play the Royal Albert Hall on Sept 29th. They are also playing Northern Kin festival in June 2024.

Arthur Brown is playing both too. He's 81....

I can definitely confirm that they play with an energy that defies their years!

Saw The Alarm the other night. Mike Peters still going strong despite multiple brushes with Leukaemia. Strength, indeed.

Changed their name from the original ‘The Toilets’, which Ive always thought was a great shame. Glad to hear Peters is still going strong.