Bamford | Vital Football

Bamford

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
I've lost count of the number of threads I've started with this title, however this time its not necessarily to complain. Ok, he does still seem to have an issue with scoring goals from open play but his all round contribution to the team seems invaluable. The layoff to Harrison was nothing short of sublime, so I guess so long as others are filling the gap by scoring, then this looks like the future.

He's been brilliant the past month. Proper upsetting the opposition and starting to get on the scoresheet.

I think the second goal against Hull typified him. A block on the line, lung bursting 100 yard run and then somehow hit the post when it looked harder to miss.

You can see why he is prefered to Eddie.

Yes that clearance and then the miss within a matter of a few seconds shows his commitment and work ethic.
Simon must love him.....

Whilst the rest of the team are banging in the goals then his place in the side is justified based upon his work ethic, but if that dries up then we have a real issue.

He can’t do much more with his work rate but he needs to start putting em in, like you say if goals dry up from else where we could go through a sticky patch ,