Bamford | Vital Football

Bamford

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
I try to be as positive as I can about Bambi, but its getting more difficult as each game passes by. He has a great ability to hold the ball and bring other players into the game, however like many a forward before him, he is completely crap at putting the ball into the net which is his main objective. Clearly Bielsa still sees something in him, however for someone who is a bit OCD with stats, it must be crystal clear that we are flogging a dead horse. Technically, we are the best team in the Championship but we are going to lose out again through our performance in the last third of the field. What's the answer? We should have invested in a proven striker during the summer, however on the downside, we have gone down that road on a number of occasions and ended up with another donkey wearing the No 9 shirt. I'm not sure where we go, maybe a change of formation for the next game and play 2 up front?

I try to be as positive as I can about Bambi, but its getting more difficult as each game passes by. He has a great ability to hold the ball and bring other players into the game, however like many a forward before him, he is completely crap at putting the ball into the net which is his main objective. Clearly Bielsa still sees something in him, however for someone who is a bit OCD with stats, it must be crystal clear that we are flogging a dead horse. Technically, we are the best team in the Championship but we are going to lose out again through our performance in the last third of the field. What's the answer? We should have invested in a proven striker during the summer, however on the downside, we have gone down that road on a number of occasions and ended up with another donkey wearing the No 9 shirt. I'm not sure where we go, maybe a change of formation for the next game and play 2 up front?
I am of the same opinions,if we are not careful we will end up Putting far to much presure on young Eddie ,I would like to see both given a game ,

Heated arguments leading to some minor scuffles in the Leeds end last night over Bambi.
And on the way hone someone found on timternet Bielsa saying he can't play them together as it hasn't be tried even in training. I know Bielsa is an obsessive who likes everything perfect but sometimes you have to have a go at things. I'm sure Bambi and Eddie are smart enough to try it in a game. Anyway whatever else Bambi does he is a striker and good chances fall to him and his misses cost us points. Something different needs trying. We can all see it. Why can't Bielsa ?

I keep saying it on the bus. He's paid to score goals and he isn't. You could play Ayling up front and he'd hold the ball up and play others in. What's the difference if they don't score goals.