Balotelli to Liverpool | Page 2 | Vital Football

Balotelli to Liverpool

griddo - 22/8/2014 01:39

Rodgers is making a rod for his own back here,he's fragmenting his squad exactly the same way we did,Ballotelli is shite in the Ade mould,don't you just hate these unplayable on their day players or players that need to be molly cuddled to get the best out of them,its astonishing how Balloteli is regarded as an Elite player yet he's done absolutely nothing to justify this status,apart from shag a few brasses,he's scored 2 goals a World Cup semi final for Italy and that's about it,I'm racking my brains to see why he is such a high profile player for someone with such low profile statistics,I've never known such a low fee 16mill for a so called world class player who at 24 has his best yrs ahead of him,his value is coming down,next stop QPR,just like our so called talisman upfront he's a fraud.

I take it you're ignoring his scoring record?

I don't think anyone is claiming he is a World-class player (whatever that now means). But what he clearly has the ability to do is score goals.

He is older, hopefully wiser and I wouldn't at this stage doubt Brendon's ability to get the best from him.

£16 mill represents a bargain against some of the hugely inflated fees we've seen being paid for fairly mediocre strikers, personally I think Brendon has pulled off a master stroke, my only question mark is why he bothered to buy Lambert when he could get Ballotelli.

No no no mate he is very very average he was proclaimed to be 'world class'and as you say whatever that means by many or at the very least potentially world class,and he was looked upon as an'elite player'prior to his city move,hence why the Arabs bought him,as for his goal scoring record it goes something like this,i think his best ever tally is 14 goals,yr 13/14,serie A,3pens,4 free kicks and 7goals from open play,ouch, even in a poor league,dreadful player all things consideed and like Ade he will just be binned after a season or two when they realise how poor he is,Rodgers has lost it i fear..

Spursex - 22/8/2014 10:12

Rodgers is making a rod for his own back here,he's fragmenting his squad exactly the same way we did,Ballotelli is shite in the Ade mould,don't you just hate these unplayable on their day players or players that need to be molly cuddled to get the best out of them,its astonishing how Balloteli is regarded as an Elite player yet he's done absolutely nothing to justify this status,apart from shag a few brasses,he's scored 2 goals a World Cup semi final for Italy and that's about it,I'm racking my brains to see why he is such a high profile player for someone with such low profile statistics,I've never known such a low fee 16mill for a so called world class player who at 24 has his best yrs ahead of him,his value is coming down,next stop QPR,just like our so called talisman upfront he's a fraud.

I don't think anyone is claiming he is a World-class player (whatever that now means). But what he clearly has the ability to do is score goals.

He is older, hopefully wiser and I wouldn't at this stage doubt Brendon's ability to get the best from him.

£16 mill represents a bargain against some of the hugely inflated fees we've seen being paid for fairly mediocre strikers, personally I think Brendon has pulled off a master stroke, my only question mark is why he bothered to buy Lambert when he could get Ballotelli.

You need cover for Balotelli when he is suspended.

he has got 26 goals in 37 league appearances 6 of those appearances was as a sub!

At ManC he got 20 goals in 33 league appearances of which 21 of those league appearances he was a sub!

What was a shocking waste was his almost 3 season at Man C where he spent more time picking splinters out of his arse than playing..

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling Brendon has pulled off a masterstroke here..

He's a good player on his day but his day aint that often.

He will only have a negative effect on Liverpool, guaranteed to get sent off at least twice this season which will probably put them in the shit in that match.

He will be sold next year when they realise he's more trouble than he's worth

This is probs why they never bought Remy and said he failed a fitness test,they probably realised they could get him in whilst in he process of getting Remy,personally i dont think he is any better than Remy,Rodgers has lost it this season i reckon..

Not sure where you got them stats from ex but I've checked on numerous stat websites and last season he got 18 for Milan in all competitions and he got 20 for City in the league but that was over 3 seasons, I'd expect Kane to get that sort of return in his next 3 seasons, even Soldado is on course for that! lol

ScottDaYid - 22/8/2014 12:00

Not sure where you got them stats from ex but I've checked on numerous stat websites and last season he got 18 for Milan in all competitions and he got 20 for City in the league but that was over 3 seasons, I'd expect Kane to get that sort of return in his next 3 seasons, even Soldado is on course for that! lol

Look at his actual number of appearances, the number he came on as sub and his return...

As I said, we'll know soon enough, but if his 'head' is now fully focused (I admit that makes it a risk) he could set the PL alight this season.

Big risk! Like I said he's a decent player but I still have my doubts as he wants to be centre of attention at all times.

He's too much of a risk for a team like Liverpool, they could easily drop out the top 4 due to his craziness, whereas somewhere like City or Chelsea they could cope with him being a prat without effecting them too much, like City did.

Yeah thanks scotty where did you get those stats from ex lol?and I bet if you compared his number of goals for appearances ratio as well as time on the pitch to Jd they would be inferior,and thats on the top of my head,and that's with the poser playing in better sides,yet i cant remember you giving JD such high praise,don't wanna open up another JD thread as he's history now unforunately but you get my drift,his stock is on the decline now and he's lucky he's going to a club who's supporters are patience otherwise I can see the fans getting on his back and his usual strop surfacing sooner rather than later,but make no mistake it will surface.

I remember Balotelli being a very selfish player who occasionally scores a wonder goal, but usually just hampers his team's playing and does stupid things outside of the pitch. He is cancer, but on the other hand he might go and score 20 goals in PL. Would have liked him to go and destroy ars*nal but Pool is fine too. Let's see how it goes.

Spursex - 22/8/2014 11:40

he has got 26 goals in 37 league appearances 6 of those appearances was as a sub!

At ManC he got 20 goals in 33 league appearances of which 21 of those league appearances he was a sub!

What was a shocking waste was his almost 3 season at Man C where he spent more time picking splinters out of his arse than playing..

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling Brendon has pulled off a masterstroke here..

Do you mean 37 starts, and 6 sub appearances, so 43 appearances overall? And then 33 starts and 21 sub appearances??

Yes..! :10:

I remember him killing Bastuber Hummels in a pressure game. They could not live with him if that player is still in there he will ruin teams. We should have made an effort to get him.

Are you seriously suggesting that City did Balotelli some sort of injustice? The mind boggles.

Likelihood is that he will start on fire and then fade as he loses interest, then the trouble will start. Not a given of course but knowing Mario definitely the most likely outcome.

What's your source for them stats Ex? Mario appeared in 54 PL games for City, 25 of which were starts.

Bluedub - 23/8/2014 09:06

Are you seriously suggesting that City did Balotelli some sort of injustice? The mind boggles.

Likelihood is that he will start on fire and then fade as he loses interest, then the trouble will start. Not a given of course but knowing Mario definitely the most likely outcome.

What's your source for them stats Ex? Mario appeared in 54 PL games for City, 25 of which were starts.

They were opta stats, from source! However, I did a sanity check this morning and they've changed!

I don't think ManC did him a disservice at all - I think he did it to himself by chasing money rather than investing in his own development and career - I feel the same way about Milner and most of the English contingent at ManC, all of which I think have killed their development because of big bucks.

He's not a young kid anymore , he's older and I suspect wiser and I think he'll be much easier to manage now and Brendon is the man to do it.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

Spursex - 23/8/2014 10:25

Bluedub - 23/8/2014 09:06

They were opta stats, from source! However, I did a sanity check this morning and they've changed!

I don't think ManC did him a disservice at all - I think he did it to himself by chasing money rather than investing in his own development and career - I feel the same way about Milner and most of the English contingent at ManC, all of which I think have killed their development because of big bucks.

He's not a young kid anymore , he's older and I suspect wiser and I think he'll be much easier to manage now and Brendon is the man to do it.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

So it was just about the money was it? Nothing to do with hooking up with Mancini again, the manager that gave him his start in senior football? I think he did it to himself too by not focussing on working hard, nailing down a starting place and letting his temperament get the better of him.

You have to wonder why Milan are so willing to let him go at such a low price ( relatively speaking ), don't you?

It's interesting that you believe Rodgers can succeed where multi-trophy winning managers Mourinho ( who claimed Mario was unmanageable ) and Mancini have failed. I wouldn't be so bold as to claim anyone could tame him, but like you say, we'll see soon enough.

Your comment regarding English players is seriously misguided in my view too, the only player City have signed recently that fits your description is Scott Sinclair.

Still, he is far inferior to Suarez and hence their starting 11 I would go to say as saying it isn't even half as good. Suarez was just phenomenal. Add that they now have to play in Europe..... I think they will drop of the map

Spursex - 22/8/2014 10:12

£16 mill represents a bargain against some of the hugely inflated fees we've seen being paid for fairly mediocre hes strikers, personally I think Brendon has pulled off a master stroke, my only question mark is why he bothered to buy Lambert when he could get Ballotelli.

You still think this useless player is a bargain ex?

only a matter of time until even the loyal liverpool fans turn on him I reckon, what a predictable pile of shite he is,similar to Welbeck but at least Wellbeck is a worker and trier so I would prefer him given the choice,thank god we weren't..
:14: