Ballymurphy Murders | Vital Football

Ballymurphy Murders

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
So the truth is coming out. What do we do about it? Some kind of blanket exemption for war crimes committed anywhere and anytime is not tenable for any power with a moral compass. We must recognise which ever side our sympathies lie with that grievous wrongs were committed by all sides.

In my opinion the greatest contribution to conflict resolution in history was Nelson Mandela's Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We should have something along these lines here. All related crimes dating before the 1998 Good Friday Agreement would not be prosecuted in exchange for all parties telling the full and frank truth under oath. Of course, anyone not telling the whole truth before the commission would remain liable to prosecution.

Have to disagree there. Many were murders, doubtless committed by young men under pressure who had seen their comrades murdered, but murders non the less and possibly covered up by a captain who went on to head the British Army. The truth must come out. Nothing but the unvarnished truth will do to teach future generations the insanity of violent conflict.i think we all accept there were mitigating circumstances hence the idea of the T and R commission.

Ken Loach's brilliant film Hidden Agenda, that was so vilified by the establishment at the time and banned from most cinemas has been shown to be true in every respect especially the RUC Shoot to Kill policy and the Airey Neave and intelligence services plot to replace the Wilson Government by an armed coup. The full truth must come out.

Have to disagree there. Many were murders, doubtless committed by young men under pressure who had seen their comrades murdered, but murders non the less and possibly covered up by a captain who went on to head the British Army. The truth must come out. Nothing but the unvarnished truth will do to teach future generations the insanity of violent conflict.i think we all accept there were mitigating circumstances hence the idea of the T and R commission.

Ken Loach's brilliant film Hidden Agenda, that was so vilified by the establishment at the time and banned from most cinemas has been shown to be true in every respect especially the RUC Shoot to Kill policy and the Airey Neave and intelligence services plot to replace the Wilson Government by an armed coup. The full truth must come out.
Surely even you cannot believe that ?

I can imagine why you wouldn't. I imagine you don't even accept the RUC shoot to kill policy. I am beginning to think you are not fit to be let out without both parents.:toot::police:

Last edited:
I see Boris has apologised unreservedly in a private phone call with NI leader and deputy. Would it really gave been too much to apologise to the world from Downing Street?