Balls it 13 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Balls it 13

In my memory we played at Molineux when we were in the old div 3 with Wolves I think our last home game of he season was against them and the only time I remember us playing Newcastle was at home when George Peden scored the winner with a late penalty.

In the trophy cabinet in the Ivy Tavern, among the Darts, Football and Dominoes trophies, there used to be a yellow sign. "Thieves will be prosecuted by order of Molyneux Football Ground". Some card had unscrewed it from where ever it was attached, and had pride of place among the trophy's. It might still be there i guess.

I stand to be corrected but the Imps have not played a competitve match at St James Park (for the smart arses St James Park Tyneside, not Devon) or Molineux in living memory, any one of those two fixtures would be amazing.

Certainly played at Molineux in the mid-1980s (which is within my living memory!) when John Pickering was manager. Worst game of football I've ever seen - and that's saying something.

Certainly played at Molineux in the mid-1980s (which is within my living memory!) when John Pickering was manager. Worst game of football I've ever seen - and that's saying something.
Absolutely agree dreadful goaless draw, just the attitude of the local fuzz to make it memorable.

A vague memory but didn't we play them when Steve Bull was starting to make a name for himself?

I have a vague memory of being very impressed with one of their centre halves and thinking he'd be a star player - it was Shane Westley!

Absolutely agree dreadful goaless draw, just the attitude of the local fuzz to make it memorable.

Well, it was 1-1 - Andy Toman scored our goal. Certainly dreadful though. Only 3,351 there.

The following season (1986/87) we played them twice in the League Cup and twice in Division Four - beat them 3-0 at home and lost 3-0 away. Steve Bull played in both those games and scored twice in the game at Molineux.

I have a vague memory of being very impressed with one of their centre halves and thinking he'd be a star player - it was Shane Westley!
Just had a look at Wikipedia. Apparently we paid £7,500 for Shane Westley from Cambridge. Do you think we paid cash or maybe on a Switch card? Still you can't knock his managerial record , one of the few managers to get us promoted!

It would be ironic if we ended up against Blackburn or Sheffield Wednesday (If they beat Sunderland) again after the pre-season games.

How are the gate receipts split? Do we hope for an easier tie at home with the hope of drawing a Liverpool, United or Arsenal away in the 3rd round for a bumper pay day?

I see another thread has started should this one be merged or that merged with this one?

Well, it was 1-1 - Andy Toman scored our goal. Certainly dreadful though. Only 3,351 there.

The following season (1986/87) we played them twice in the League Cup and twice in Division Four - beat them 3-0 at home and lost 3-0 away. Steve Bull played in both those games and scored twice in the game at Molineux.
Wow, had thought it was 0-0 for years, must have erased those goals from my memory as it was such an awful game!

I've been waiting 30 years for us to play away to Newcastle, so, given that I am on holiday the week in question, this is one draw I hope we DON'T get!