Bale : what might have been? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bale : what might have been?

Sometimes people stating what they feel or believe may come across to the reader, if they have differing views, as dishonest.

That could be down to the fact that they may actually be dishonest, or may not have the vocabulary or writing skills to get thier point over, or the reader misinterpreting their message, or the reader fundamentally not agreeing with their point of view.

Not easy ....as we cannot look into each others eyes online, as the eyes tell us a lot about the meaning of what they are saying, and we cannot hear how they say it, so do not detect the intonations of their voices.

That is why posts and emails can become so emotive, be misinterpreted and lead to all sorts of reprisals.

Written word is the poorer way to communicate

In my opinion of course..
Greavsie, 100% there mate...Written word is a poorer way to communicate! esp as you also said if you find it hard to write things down and express yourself, I have always said we are not Authors, yes some are better than others but some are not. Does that make sense.

Whilst in the Military one of the things I learnt from a young age, regards views/opinions, we are all different, move on its his/hers etc, who's round is it?
Like the question....what's your opinion on this? when asked! my reply is always... do you want an honest opinion? or one that suits you?

It

Its what the forum is for .
Throwing your toys out of the cot is not a good example of the society we live in today .

I tried to engage in a conversation with him ,,some time ago , and got this in reply

“I tried what I thought was an adult conversation with you before, but you chose to be condescending. On a previous occasion, you showed me the two face nature of your personality. There will not be a third time. I do not deem you worthy of engaging on my unique insights on matters Spurs.”

Maybe others will be able to tell me if that is a tadge sanctimonious?

I looked past that and threw out an olive branch around Christmas time which just got ignored .
I agree with you US , we enjoy the banter , and need all angles covered .

So .... Richmond , get your fingers back on the keyboard and get back on here .
We are all Spurs supporters on here .
All opinions are worthy .
It’s called ‘debate ‘

All good Walt my friend. I took a bit of time off a ways back... I am sure Ex remembers. Just felt disconnected from the site for whatever reason. But honestly after a bit...I missed it. So now I am back for good, come thick or thin.

Bale once again showed his level. Up against a better team he is not up to the level needed to influence the game. I hope Ryan's 2 finger salute to Jose is done now and Bale is back on the bench

think we just need to acknowledge what he is. We're over reliant on Kane to score without him, so we need to incorporate him but not leave the RB completely unsupported.

think we just need to acknowledge what he is. We're over reliant on Kane to score without him, so we need to incorporate him but not leave the RB completely unsupported.

We have been over reliant on Kane for many seasons now. But I do agree with you

So are we saying we might as well let Bale, Son and Kane do what they want and pack the midfield with water carriers? Good news for Sissoko, bad news for Tanguy and Gio then.

We have been over reliant on Kane for many seasons now. But I do agree with you

I don't think that's true. Obviously every team is somewhat reliant on their top scorer but when Eriksen was here we created enough chances when Kane was out that some even argued we were a more fluid attacking team without him.

Since Eriksen's left however we're pretty dogshit when Kane doesn't play. But Bale is clinical enough to potentially score a winner feeding off scraps.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true. Obviously every team is somewhat reliant on their top scorer but when Eriksen was here we created enough chances when Kane was out that some even argued we were a more fluid attacking team without him.

Since Eriksen's left however we're pretty dogshit when Kane doesn't play. But Bale is clinical enough to potentially score a winner feeding off scraps.

So true. The Kane goal or Kane assist / Son goal in a counter-attacking style was our main weapon for such a big piece of this season. Then Kane got double and triple marked in that deeper position and Son's goals dried up.

So looking forward to a new manager unlocking some potential in the others. We don't need to be that way.

truth, we are on the same page.

As I have said now a number of times, talk of Gareth retiring was utter nonsense and was made up tripe, some swallowed the bait and seem to think the reports were genuine - of course they weren't at all!

Gareths' agent, Jonathan Barnett, gave the rumours short shrift in a very brief statement on Wednesday morning.

He told talkSPORT: “Sorry, I don’t speak about rubbish reporting.”

I agree with this and it supports your assertion of Dele's positive impact. Which in the past is accurate.

As I have said now a number of times, talk of Gareth retiring was utter nonsense and was made up tripe, some swallowed the bait and seem to think the reports were genuine - of course they weren't at all!

Gareths' agent, Jonathan Barnett, gave the rumours short shrift in a very brief statement on Wednesday morning.

He told talkSPORT: “Sorry, I don’t speak about rubbish reporting.”

Now word is Zidane's left so I wonder if Bale saying he knows what he's doing next season but wouldn't say as it would cause chaos meant he knew that was coming? Potentially bad news for us re-signing him as I'd imagine most coaches would at least want him in the squad there.

You are perhaps one of the few on here who has. I thank you. I have chosen to distance myself from this forum, as there are a few posters on here that openly show a sanctimonious attitude. The wrongs they choose to advocate are another example of the society we live in today. I will not have my values and what is right, compromised, by these arrogant few and those who pat them on the back.

Hi Rich, it's great to see/read you're back. It takes all personalities to make up a successful interesting forum, and I for one enjoy reading the opinions of your good self & every Spurs supporter on this planet. If we all agreed with each other, what a boring forum it would be.

There are times when I've taken a step backwards from VS and times when I've looked forward to seeing what my buddies are up to. Times when I want to engage and other periods when I choose to spend time away.

That's the beauty of this forum. There are no expectations of you Rich. We are here for you when you feel you'd like to share an opinion. The site is a better place with you my friend.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.:cheers:

Hi Rich, it's great to see/read you're back. It takes all personalities to make up a successful interesting forum, and I for one enjoy reading the opinions of your good self & every Spurs supporter on this planet. If we all agreed with each other, what a boring forum it would be.

There are times when I've taken a step backwards from VS and times when I've looked forward to seeing what my buddies are up to. Times when I want to engage and other periods when I choose to spend time away.

That's the beauty of this forum. There are no expectations of you Rich. We are here for you when you feel you'd like to share an opinion. The site is a better place with you my friend.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.:cheers:

Hello, 10.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, since, I have been posting here, my opinions, have, on the whole, been correct about players that I don't rate. I have experienced an undercurrent of indifferent attitudes towards me because of my opinions.
People belittle and demean, then cover it up with overtures of contrary behaviour. There are a few two-face arrogant people who post on this forum and others who blatantly show abhorrence. I want to detach myself as far as possible away from them. Hence my wish to distance myself. My best wishes to you and yours.

Hello, 10.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, since, I have been posting here, my opinions, have, on the whole, been correct about players that I don't rate. I have experienced an undercurrent of indifferent attitudes towards me because of my opinions.
People belittle and demean, then cover it up with overtures of contrary behaviour. There are a few two-face arrogant people who post on this forum and others who blatantly show abhorrence. I want to detach myself as far as possible away from them. Hence my wish to distance myself. My best wishes to you and yours.

That's a genuine shame Rich, not really sure what pushed you over the edge but whatever it was, it seems you're alienating yourself now, forgive and forget?

I have been on here 15 years. This is easily the most chilled this forum has ever been.
Agree with you there RD, I have only been posting about 2 years, and think it is well chilled, yes sometimes some of us write crap in others eyes, but that's what opinions are, we agree, we don't agree, that's life, thus interesting.
One of the best things I ever did, in joining, but mainly taking part.

Hello, 10.

People belittle and demean, then cover it up with overtures of contrary behavior. There are a few two-face arrogant people who post on this forum and others who blatantly show abhorrence. I want to detach myself as far as possible away from them. Hence my wish to distance myself. My best wishes to you and yours.

I'm sorry you feel that way Rich. It is a forum. People will agree and disagree, as you say, but as far as I see things, nobody on here are out to belittle or demean. If you feel posters have been guilty of this, then it would be the perpetrator that needs to give themselves an uppercut.

We're all family and we're all friends, and as Ex has mentioned, all pretty chilled out.
If my comments in the past to you or anyone have come across as anything other than banter then I sincerely apologize.

Forgiveness is a huge weight off the shoulder from those letting it go.