Bag Full Of Cash | Vital Football

Bag Full Of Cash

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/08/23/bin-bag-full-of-cash-left-at-house/?ncid=webmail13

Anyone ever found anything decent and did you keep it?!

Wonder legally how you would stand if a bag of cash was left outside ON your property.

I THINK if you hand it in to the police and no one claims it, that the property is then given back to you, I could, naturally be wrong.

Me and my mom once found a purse a while back when i was a kid on our estate, it had a lot of money in it and credit cards so we handed it straight to the police and low and behold the woman knew my nan and only lived a couple of streets away she offered us a reward but my mom wouldn't take it you know what the old en's are like stubborn lol i was thinking ''please mom take it i can buy some great new computer games with that''

I think out of decency you have to hand it in, as that money could be a mortgage paymnet to keep a families head over them or an elderly person, the guilt would get me if i tried keeping it im one of them that nearly crashed when i used to drive to avoid a pigeon or cat cos the bloody guilt i know would over whelm me.

But if a bank over paid me i would not give a toss if im being honest, and i would hope all you lot wouldn't either sod them ordinary folk yes banks pff no chance lol

BBJ - 23/8/2013 18:49

Still dishonest though, Clive.

Yes i suppose i can't say your wrong but in my defence Lloyds bank have been trying to find my £700 approx for ten years now as it went missing when i was an apprentice but they could not explain to me where the £80 a month or £60 month sometimes had gone so over time it mounted up until i realised all they said was ''the computer says destination unknown sorry'' as to where my money went thats why i hate banks tbh

I would have to be honest. Even with banks shops etc. if they get done, we still pay for it as it ups there administration profit and loss balances.

There is no such thing as a crime with no knock on effect to the average person.

Same as shop lifters. People think it is a crime that hurts no one. Wrong! Shoplifting gets paid for by additional amounts to cover costs on the items you buy.

The same applies to everything

I think the referee at Chelsea the other night found a big bag of cash in his changing room Compliments of Jose.

astonion - 23/8/2013 21:47

I think the referee at Chelsea the other night found a big bag of cash in his changing room Compliments of Jose.

Yeah and it cost us 3 points so the crime still hurt

ClivetheVillan - 23/8/2013 18:23

But if a bank over paid me i would not give a toss if im being honest, and i would hope all you lot wouldn't either sod them ordinary folk yes banks pff no chance lol

You'd give a toss.

You might wait weeks to get your money back if you misenter a number and a payment goes to a slushfund for a company, but if a bank overpays you and you withdraw it knowing it wasn't yours, that's criminal theft.

ClivetheVillan - 23/8/2013 19:03

Yes i suppose i can't say your wrong but in my defence Lloyds bank have been trying to find my £700 approx for ten years now as it went missing when i was an apprentice but they could not explain to me where the £80 a month or £60 month sometimes had gone so over time it mounted up until i realised all they said was ''the computer says destination unknown sorry'' as to where my money went thats why i hate banks tbh

Kiss it goodbye unless you've sued. 6 year clock, they are no longer obliged to repay you even if they give you an answer.

Just as, after 6 years (on simple contracts, not mortgages) unless they sue within the time frame or you make a payment within the 6 year timeframe, they can't do Jack either.

To your question mate, it would really depend on whether it was intentionally abandoned, so became free property. But it's not that simple.

A friend of my dads found a stash of cash when he moved to his new house, in the airing cupboard. I don't think he gave it back, just imagine having a stash of cash that you can forget about though, I wish!

kefkat - 23/8/2013 21:46

I would have to be honest. Even with banks shops etc. if they get done, we still pay for it as it ups there administration profit and loss balances.

There is no such thing as a crime with no knock on effect to the average person.

Same as shop lifters. People think it is a crime that hurts no one. Wrong! Shoplifting gets paid for by additional amounts to cover costs on the items you buy.

The same applies to everything

So shops would like you to believe. Even if there was zero shoplifting, prices, insurance etc would still continue to rise beyond inflation. It's called capitalism. Clothes, electronics and many other items are much more expensive in the UK than they are in the US for example, and their excuse is always additional costs, high rent, transportation, etc. It's bollocks of course.

mike_field - 23/8/2013 23:44

ClivetheVillan - 23/8/2013 19:03

Kiss it goodbye unless you've sued. 6 year clock, they are no longer obliged to repay you even if they give you an answer.

Just as, after 6 years (on simple contracts, not mortgages) unless they sue within the time frame or you make a payment within the 6 year timeframe, they can't do Jack either.

Thats why i ain't the brightest should have probably seen about getting it back sooner, oh well its monet thats gone now anyway but i will never forgive what they done to me the azzoles they couldn't even tell me where the money went and i only had a current account no debit card or standing orders the money just disapeared and on there screen in the bank under destination of the money it was blank pfff

Try this Clive. They often become more receptive when you involve the Omnibus

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Write down all the info about this and ring/write to them. They will investigate

kefkat - 26/8/2013 18:37

Try this Clive. They often become more receptive when you involve the Omnibus

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Write down all the info about this and ring/write to them. They will investigate

Thank you KK very much will look into this, worth a shot for nothing again nice one :7:

Your welcome Clive. i also know of other web tools you can use which may help. This is the best 1 to start with because of whom they are