Bad tackles this season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bad tackles this season

A 5 /10 min sin bin for a yellow card? 5 for persisent fouling, 10 for a bad foul, just a card with no sin bin for minor offences like kicking the ball away

Others have noticed the bad challenges our players have been subjected to as this article notes towards the end.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/913355/Manchester-City-news-Kevin-De-Bruyne-Premier-League-news-Leroy-Sane

(Burnley) Defending The Undefendable

Does anyone have a touch of déjà vu ahead of Saturday's Premier League match against Burnley? I know I do.

Read more: http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=589674#ixzz55wSILLQ7

How many more City players will end up this weekend on the injury list - I believe there is seven at the last count.

The last couple of games against West Brom (Alan Pardew), Cardiff City (Neil Warnock) I could go on, all came out and defended (as one would expect) their respective players following horrendous challenges against City players. So, when the next City player ends up in hospital having surgery, or on Monday morning players have muscle / tendon remedial treatment then I'll confidentially say, 'I told you so.'

I just don't think it goes far enough, to stick in as a by-line, it just makes me wonder of all these tackles not one of them could see it properly yet good enough to issue a yellow card.

The McClean incident where the Ref says he didn't touch you enough, is not good enough, the intent was there for everyone to see except KDB

The FA should re-visit this can't do anything because the ref has seen it, but no he hasn't because when they see the tackles on TV everyone agrees that it should have been a red, but that is no good for City they still lose a player to injury whilst the teams that benefits are those that they play after the retrospective action.

VAR cannot come soon enough for me, mistakes and errors and all that comes with it until they get it right, but everyone has to have it not just the odd few.

Buzz Lightyear - 2/2/2018 09:31

I just don't think it goes far enough, to stick in as a by-line, it just makes me wonder of all these tackles not one of them could see it properly yet good enough to issue a yellow card.

The McClean incident where the Ref says he didn't touch you enough, is not good enough, the intent was there for everyone to see except KDB

The FA should re-visit this can't do anything because the ref has seen it, but no he hasn't because when they see the tackles on TV everyone agrees that it should have been a red, but that is no good for City they still lose a player to injury whilst the teams that benefits are those that they play after the retrospective action.

VAR cannot come soon enough for me, mistakes and errors and all that comes with it until they get it right, but everyone has to have it not just the odd few.
I agree, VAR will help out the slow to keep up with play refs the most.

Unsurprisingly the Moaning One is quite satisfied with the performance of the referees.

Of course he is. They are doing a fine job of attempting to handicap his main rivals for the title and attention.

Twat.

He would change his tune if The Orange got cleaned out with a knee high tackle from a Aaron Mooy this afternoon causing him to miss two months of the season. I am sure he would be singing the praises of the officials then.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11233931/manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-happy-with-referees

Think Mourinho, as usual, is playing hard and fast with this assertion.
Several times this season he's had a pop at the officials in his post match interviews.

Martin Blackburn (the Sun) details.......

“The nine horror tackles that Pep Guardiola feels should spark emergency measures”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5480792/manchester-city-tackles-premier-league/

City have written to the PGMOL it seems to arrange a meeting to discuss these tackles

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-bad-tackles-referees-14267522

It is clear to me that the rule which prevents further action being taken against a player who is booked for an offence which is subsequently regarded as having merited a red card is purely to protect the officials from scrutiny.

But the precedent has been set with the review of ‘simulation’ - that involves post match review of decisions plus the advent of VAR is underpinned by the principle of correcting “clear and obvious” errors.

I don’t hold out much hope though.

Danny Murphy touched on this on SDky's debate, he was saying that it does not matter if the ref is supposed to have seen it or issued a card, there should be retrospective action for bad fouls.

As we all know the ref gets a split second view and we gets all angles and slow motion, the works in fact, but you would think that a second viewing by the ref would give him the chance to rectify the colour of the card.

Personally I would like to see it done at the time, but I understand that this is not possible with the complaint of delays to the play. Perhaps the TV companies could shove in a couple of adverts to compensate , Like the one which starts out ' Have you been injure at work? '

The same Danny Murphy who said this on MOTD back in December.

"I think you've got to be trying to get in their faces. A few badly-timed tackles and a few bits of indiscipline"

Bluedub - 10/2/2018 10:04

The same Danny Murphy who said this on MOTD back in December.

"I think you've got to be trying to get in their faces. A few badly-timed tackles and a few bits of indiscipline"

Yes - he should be presented with that comment and challenged on it.

We all know that there is a massive difference between a trip Ora tug of the shirt and the sort of challenges delivered against Sané, Diaz, De Bruyne (x 4), Sterling & Gündogan - the fact that this difference is not the subject of discussion shows the paucity of ‘punditry’ really.

Meanwhile Maureen complains about players needing protection......by saying he won’t complain about players needing protection and tries to have a pop at Pep in dosing so.

His stupid “mind games” :013:

You only have to read the book I highlighted on a separate thread “The Duellists” to understand that nothing he does or says, nothing, is not done without a calculation. Just as his bleating about deserving an award for being the “best behaved manager” is a pleas to grab some attention after he fears him and his team being eclipsed by Pep and Manchester City.

The only award he deserves is “Twat of the Season” :050:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-jose-mourinho-says-12003904

His bloviating at his press conference clearly went to another level :013:

This is absolutely no surprise whatsoever......

“it is understood Guardiola left the meeting feeling as though the referees’ chief had merely paid lip services to his complaints.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/12/man-city-meet-referees-chief-discuss-grievances-brutal-tackles/

I never for one moment felt that anything directly constructive would emerge from the meeting BUT it has kept the issue out there just as Maureen’s ‘breath of wind’ comments lodged in the mind some of officials. Maybe this will do the same by drawing attention to just how dreadful the tackles were and how poor the referee’s responses were.

A proper referee

Pierluigi Collina

"We need to have players playing, so they must be protected on the field.

"We do not want situations where a player's future is put in doubt because of serious injury caused by a challenge, whether it is intentional, or is unintentional and the player making the challenge is taking a risk of causing injury."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/uefas-pierluigi-collina-tells-referees-to-protect-players-from-bad-tackles-827740.html

So you could argue the standard has improved slightly since then !!!! Fergie must have had a few refs on his payroll.