Bad Luck Omens | Vital Football

Bad Luck Omens

Clubpaver

Vital 1st Team Regular
My wife is a believer in bad luck omens such as :

Don`t cross on the stairs.
Don`t put footwear on the table.
Don`t cross your knife and fork.
If you buy someone a purse or wallet,you have to put money inside.

Is she nuts or do any of you believe in these omens.If so,tell us yours.

We are going to book up to go away on the 6th Sept for one week.I`ve already booked it at work and I`m not missing the Newcastle match,so we`ll have to fly back on...........FRIDAY THE 13TH.
This will be one hell of a messy divorce !

No she is not nuts dude, unless my Nan and her family passed down to her were all aswell lol i was drummed into the head as a kid these things, even though i know they are old wives tales etc i have to ensure my knife and fork are not crossed or if you buy new trainers/shoes do not put them onto a table for a while lol my mother goes NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if she see's us about to place a new box of trainers onto a table mental i know

I flew out to Spain on a Friday 13th boy i was crapping them but nothing happand i think unless im really dead and talking to you from the spirit world?

Yep our family have all these that have been around for generations, mainly it's the women who are bothered and the men who just go along with it.

One quite bizarre one I think is that we were never allowed to clip our toenails on a sunday.

The shoes on the table one for us is just if it's new shoes, but I'm not sure what the timeframe is when is becomes okay?

I remember as a teenager cringing when my mum asked for flight tickets to be changed as we were in aisle 13, or seat 13 or something, with a queue of people behind waiting! She went nuts too on an occasion when I was flying somewhere on the 13th.

Yes, she's nuts.

I can understand not walking under ladders just purely because you have more chance of being hit by a tin of paint if the decorator drops it !

All just mental.

Only bad luck omen I believe in is if a football club sells all its stars and brings in unknown kids. That spells doom!

i believe in the proverb of .... "see bald head in sainsburies, hit the deck and get out" :2: :5:

I always use the same turnstile down the Villa when we're on a winning streak, then i change when we lose.

Last season I was chopping and changing more than kung fu drag act!

Yeah,my daughter always demands that we walk up certain steps for different matches.She must get it off her Mum.

Another one of my wife`s favourites is when you say something the wrong way round,you NEVER correct it.

Mr K does not like the no 13 nor 26 or anything that can be times to do with 13.

The shoes 1 comes from back in the time of life being very uncleaned in comparison to today. I.E bacteria and viruses.

The other 1 is to do with Miners as if a miners boots are on the table it means he had died in the mines according to Mr K who comes from an ex mining village.

Not walking under the ladder is pretty obvious as so is not crossing on the stairs. Darn all to do with bad luck. It's to do with what can happen

Am I superstitious. Not really no, except when it comes to my Villa shirts

James06 - 18/7/2013 13:47

Yep our family have all these that have been around for generations, mainly it's the women who are bothered and the men who just go along with it.

One quite bizarre one I think is that we were never allowed to clip our toenails on a sunday.

The shoes on the table one for us is just if it's new shoes, but I'm not sure what the timeframe is when is becomes okay?

I remember as a teenager cringing when my mum asked for flight tickets to be changed as we were in aisle 13, or seat 13 or something, with a queue of people behind waiting! She went nuts too on an occasion when I was flying somewhere on the 13th.

Yeah same here with not being allowed to cut your toe nails on a sunday as its bad luck i was brainwashed into lol

Yes it was new shoes with us i have still to this day yet to know when i am allowed to put shoes on a table but that i never really do anyway lol only when they are in a box brand new is when you get the urge to place them on a table until the wrath of the gods shouts and warns you zeus will strike down upon the earth if that happans :10:

kefkat - 18/7/2013 19:35

Mr K does not like the no 13 nor 26 or anything that can be times to do with 13.

The shoes 1 comes from back in the time of life being very uncleaned in comparison to today. I.E bacteria and viruses.

The other 1 is to do with Miners as if a miners boots are on the table it means he had died in the mines according to Mr K who comes from an ex mining village.

Not walking under the ladder is pretty obvious as so is not crossing on the stairs. Darn all to do with bad luck. It's to do with what can happen

Am I superstitious. Not really no, except when it comes to my Villa shirts

Cheers for that KK didn't know where these things come from until now,

I agree with Fear its a bad omen selling all our stars for kids :19:

The 1 about salt goes back to Sarah in the Bible. The umbrella 1 is obvious why not to open indoors because it could hurt someone.

Touching wood is to do with The Cross of Jesus. Broken mirrors goes back to Roman times when they believed in 7 years cycles and a broken mirror meant distorted health when you looked in the mirror hence distorted luck.

They all have some reasoning from back when they started. It's amazing when you think about it how they have traveled through time