Backroom Staff | Vital Football

Backroom Staff

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Hopefully a sign that GB has had some say and may be planning for the future.

Dave Timmings returns as the keepers coach and Pete Glover joins as Head Scout.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Dave Timmins has been reappointed to the role of goalkeeper coach.
Timmins, who previously joined the club from Port Vale in July 2016, returns to Bloomfield Road after a stint coaching overseas in Sweden.
Dave Timmins commented:
“I always said that I was leaving here with a heavy heart, so I’m obviously pleased and grateful for the opportunity to come back and work with the gaffer, coaching staff and players again.”
Manager Gary Bowyer added:
“It’s great to welcome Dave back to the club. He had a real, positive impact in his previous spell here, helping us to achieve promotion and develop the all-round games of Myles Boney and Jack Sims, as well as assisting with Joe Lumley. His work ethic is what we as a coaching team are about, and what we demand from our players. We’re all looking forward to working with him again.”

Manager Gary Bowyer has strengthened his backroom team with the addition of Pete Glover as Chief Scout.
Glover, a former European scout for West Ham United, has also worked in Sky Bet League One for Scunthorpe United and MK Dons.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“I’m delighted to be able to bring Pete in. He knows the club and division very well and will help provide further assistance with opposition scouting and player recruitment.”
Pete Glover added:
“I’m really happy to have the opportunity to work with Gary, Terry and the rest of the coaching staff back here at Blackpool and can’t wait to get started.”

Hopefully a sign that GB has had some say and may be planning for the future.

Dave Timmings returns as the keepers coach and Pete Glover joins as Head Scout.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Dave Timmins has been reappointed to the role of goalkeeper coach.
Timmins, who previously joined the club from Port Vale in July 2016, returns to Bloomfield Road after a stint coaching overseas in Sweden.
Dave Timmins commented:
“I always said that I was leaving here with a heavy heart, so I’m obviously pleased and grateful for the opportunity to come back and work with the gaffer, coaching staff and players again.”
Manager Gary Bowyer added:
“It’s great to welcome Dave back to the club. He had a real, positive impact in his previous spell here, helping us to achieve promotion and develop the all-round games of Myles Boney and Jack Sims, as well as assisting with Joe Lumley. His work ethic is what we as a coaching team are about, and what we demand from our players. We’re all looking forward to working with him again.”

Manager Gary Bowyer has strengthened his backroom team with the addition of Pete Glover as Chief Scout.
Glover, a former European scout for West Ham United, has also worked in Sky Bet League One for Scunthorpe United and MK Dons.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“I’m delighted to be able to bring Pete in. He knows the club and division very well and will help provide further assistance with opposition scouting and player recruitment.”
Pete Glover added:
“I’m really happy to have the opportunity to work with Gary, Terry and the rest of the coaching staff back here at Blackpool and can’t wait to get started.”
Looking hopeful,have you got your season ticket yet?

and he's gone again...............

Goalkeeper coach Dave Timmins is to leave his role at Blackpool and take up an opportunity in Scotland.

Timmins, who returned to Bloomfield Road in May 2018 after a brief period managing over in Sweden, has agreed to join David Hopkin's backroom staff at Greenock Morton.

Everybody at the club would like to thank Dave for his hard work and dedication during his time at Blackpool and wish him all the very best for the future.

Former Rochdale assistant boss Chris Beech is under consideration for the vacant number two role at Blackpool, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Blackpool boss Terry McPhillips is looking for a new assistant manager ahead of next season and has been sounding out potential candidates.

Blackpool are looking for a replacement for Tony Grant, who has left his role as McPhillips' assistant to join Robbie Fowler at Australian side Brisbane Roar.
A number of names have been linked with the role at Bloomfield Road and Beech is in contention for a return to his hometown club having started his career at Blackpool as a player.
rochdale_assistant_manager_chris_beech_looks_on_during_the_sky_b_1242210.jpg

Beech is highly regarded in coaching circles in the Football League, having worked for several years as Keith Hill's assistant at Bury and previously at the club's academy.
The 44-year-old has helped develop a number of young players from Rochdale's academy into the first-team and his experience would make him a worthy addition to the Blackpool coaching staff.

Blackpool are said to be in advanced talks over a new deal with manager, Terry McPhillips according to reliable journalist, Alan Nixon.

Nixon also claims that former Blackpool man, Andy Preece is set to be named as a coach for the Seasiders as they continue to plan for next season.
McPhillips has been impressive in his first managerial role in football, and guided the Tangerines to a 10th place finish in League One last season.
His good work evidently hasn’t gone unnoticed, and the club are keen to secure his long-term future at Bloomfield Road as quickly as possible.

In a recent interview (quotes sourced from the Blackpool Gazette), McPhillips admitted that he had spoken to Preece about opportunity of working with his former club.
“I’ve spoken to Andy, amongst others, and he’s a great lad who is obviously an ex-Blackpool player who lives in Blackpool, so we’ll see what happens.”

Preece is currently working with Chorley, and it seems likely that he’s been tempted by the prospect of working in a higher role at his former club.
Blackpool supporters will be hoping that the feel-good factor around the club can move into next season, where they will be hoping they can make a timely return to the Championship.
The Verdict:
This will have been a n0-brainer.
McPhillips has really impressed me with Blackpool last season, and I firmly believe that he is the man to lead them back into the Championship in the next few years.

He’ll be a man in demand as the season progresses, so they’re making the right move in securing his future with the club before the 2019/2020 campaign gets underway.

https://plarium.com/landings/en/thr...partnerset=1975785&plid=129764&pxl=taboola_fr