Back In for Pre Season | Vital Football

Back In for Pre Season

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
So on Thursday (today) Pools players return from their short rest for pre season with only seven first team regulars including Crawford. I suppose you could add the young lad Gray if he is fit again and the transfer listed McDonald, but that only makes nine players. What happens with Killip, Oates, Sterry, Molyneux and Angol? Do they train with Pools even though they have not agreed a deal? I wonder if tumble weed will be drifting around Maiden Castle? Must be one of the weirdest pre seasons Pools have ever had.

Last edited:
You forgot Donaldson, but that might have been deliberate.
The "new" Maiden Castle facilities have been much vaunted by the club, so hopefully there won't be any tumble weed. I'd anticipate that there will be numerous trialists, in addition to the few squad members, vying to impress in the hope of winning a contract. The club does seem to have reawakened after a brief break post Playoff success, so I'm looking for more announcements in the coming days.

I did forget Donaldson! The tumble weed reference was about the fact that the training area will seem very empty and deserted due to the very few players actually present. I hope to goodness we hear of some signings soon. The only tiny positive is that there is no news of any of the out of contract players signing for other teams as yet so maybe all is not lost. I would have that thought that particularly Oates and Sterry would be considered very hot property by many a league one and two club. Maybe their wage demands are scaring away a lot of clubs. Who knows, it is all speculation. The issue is when there is absolutely no news, people are more likely to make up their own narrative.

An interesting, honest and positive viewpoint from DC, with regards to recruitment and preparations, is given in an interview on the OS today. Certainly worth viewing on YouTube if you have 15 minutes to spare.