Awesome police work | Vital Football

Awesome police work

Juan Mourep

Vital 1st Team Regular
I can't work out where this Police officer's head was at, standing in the middle of a fast A-road, in the fog, right after a bend like that!

In my opinion, it's lucky that someone didn't get killed.

btst.co.uk/PoliceCauseAccident/

Juan Mourep - 25/1/2014 14:25

tmg513 - 25/1/2014 13:08

Recorded by three different cameras? Hmmm.

Bikers regularly have bike and helmet cams, nothing unusual in that.

It's how all three sets came together that interests me as presumably the main one was taken by the police. Notwithstanding that, the accident is totally the fault of the second biker who was (a) doing 95mph and (b) travelling too close to the first bike who managed to stop safely.

I would argue that it is the fault of the f*****g idiot standing in the middle of the road in fog.

Fog banks vary in thickness and move with the breeze, so one rider can easily have better visibility than one following.

Juan Mourep - 25/1/2014 14:45

I would argue that it is the fault of the f*****g idiot standing in the middle of the road in fog.

Fog banks vary in thickness and move with the breeze, so one rider can easily have better visibility than one following.

Precisely, so if the one following biker had worse visibility then he should have slowed down and increased the gap between himself and the first rider. Riding in fog at 95mph is idiocy of the first order anyway. What precisely should the policeman do? Let them carry on riding down a foggy road at 95mph until they have an (even bigger) accident?

Here's another brilliant policeman at work -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545273/Faster-faster-Police-officer-suspended-prisoner-driving-goaded-drive-police-car-149mph-reported-him.html

tmg513 - 25/1/2014 15:16

Precisely, so if the one following biker had worse visibility then he should have slowed down and increased the gap between himself and the first rider.

You can have clear visibility one second, go round a bend or into a dip and suddenly you are in fog, a split second later you can be out of it, we do not know enough about the conditions that day to judge.

Riding in fog at 95mph is idiocy of the first order anyway.

Agreed! But as above.

What precisely should the policeman do?

Radio to his colleague further up the road (normally how they work) or take the registration and prosecute later.

Let them carry on riding down a foggy road at 95mph until they have an (even bigger) accident?

Two coppers standing in the road? Pure speculation and supposition, the fact remains that there would have been no accident at all if the idiot in blue hadn't have stood in the middle of the road.