Away Kit Revealed | Vital Football

Away Kit Revealed

Had to check that it wasn't April 1st. Classic!!!!!!!!! As the man said It Only Hurts When I Laugh. Beyond horrible. Sorry, but utterly dreadful. The 1993-94 Parkgate kit was bad and hard to believe you could reinvent it and make it worse. But we have.
imgbin-curious-george-discovery-kids-pbs-kids-cartoon-others-aWNnifKBFFxTyVAntXLLYtutT_t.jpg
RUFC design team hard at work on the latest "classic".

Last edited:
I think I've still got one of the originals somewhere!

If I'd just seen the shirt I might have thought it belonged to Hull City - the tigers.

I think I've still got one of the originals somewhere!

If I'd just seen the shirt I might have thought it belonged to Hull City - the tigers.
Great minds, Caz. I was just thinking last night why are we playing in Hull City beachwear?
In 1992 Hull played in a "tiger stripe" shirt and it earned a place in the 12 worst strips of all time with the reviewer stating "...on a football pitch it just looked plain daft."
However, the Hull kit was better than ours. The yellow was much darker, the stripes went all round and crucially the shirt was balanced by white shorts and black socks. RUFC use a bright yellow, stripes bizarrely are only on the front and the appalling yuckiness is made worse by having yellow shorts and socks.
I can hear the opposing fans singing already : "Tiger, tiger burning bright, Rotherham are a load of s****"! A truly dreadful decision.

Last edited:
Alternative "modern" strip unveiled. White shirt that looks like a decorator's overalls after slapping on red and black paint with an overfilled roller. Who thinks these up?

Once again my taste doesn't seem to reflect that of other 'posters'.
I like it! I think it possibley looks more like a Tshirt than a football shirt but why do people so dislike anything different -
black edging, spots - "Ooh no not like what we've had before!"
GOOD, I say!

I don't actually dislike this one. Though I imagine when it's worn the home fans will have something to say about it.

I like it! I think it possibley looks more like a Tshirt than a football shirt but why do people so dislike anything different -
GOOD, I say!
Why is 'posters' in inverted commas? Inverted commas usually implies that the subject in them is not what it purports to be. I happen to believe that in football and in football strips tradition is important and I don't approve of clubs adopting new shirts at the drop of a hat merely to generate income. I don't like the black edging, hate the yellow and black Bermuda beachwear and think the spotted shirt is daft. Sorry but that's me.
I give my opinions. I do not disparage other posters for having different views and the barbed dig here was uncalled for.

Last edited:
Everybody is different.

Me, when it comes to football I'm rather old fashioned and like the older style kits. But, like in cricket, I suppose to get the younger generation interested more modern versions of kits are the thing. I definitely think children will go for the spotty one but not sure about adults.

It will be an interesting selection of colours at the New York Stadium come the new season I think.

Everybody is different.

Me, when it comes to football I'm rather old fashioned and like the older style kits. But, like in cricket, I suppose to get the younger generation interested more modern versions of kits are the thing. I definitely think children will go for the spotty one but not sure about adults.

It will be an interesting selection of colours at the New York Stadium come the new season I think.
Wise words. I probably got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. The new strips are starting to grow on me!

GOOD, I say!
Sixpence, forgive me for overreacting. No fool like an old fool as they say.:bow:

Sixpence, forgive me for overreacting. No fool like an old fool as they say.:bow:

Sorry I upset you, Lindum - really not my intention! I (maybe wrongly) put the inverted commas to indicate I was not sure if posters was the correct word to use. (Perhaps contibutors would have been a better word to use). Like you I express my opinions but I will try and be more tactful in the future.