Away at Gillingham | Vital Football

Away at Gillingham

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Of all the crappy draws we could have had, this one must be near the top. No chance of winning and bloomin miles away. I reckon we could get a 0-0 at their place and then lose the return at the Vic probably 0-1 cos we cant score goals.

Never saw this game as being one Pools could get anything from, even more so now with the recent loss of form and suspensions hitting the squad.
I believe it does give Bates an opportunity to experiment, a little, and tweak his formation to 4 3 3.

Loach
Richardson Magnay Anderson Kitching
Woods Featherstone Noble
Donaldson Muir James

Assuming they are all fit (would change Newton for Woods if he's still injured), this should provide some solidity at the back and an injection of pace, Donaldson, further up the field.

I very much doubt that there will be any additions to the squad prior to the Gillingham game as recruits will, almost certainly, be loanees and their parent clubs won't wish to see them cup tied.

When the draw was made, Gillingham were in the doldrums so I thought we might get a draw. Since the draw, Gillingham have been hitting top form while Pools have hit rock bottom. Apart from this, our two best defenders are suspended so all things considered, I think it is just a question of keeping the score down. Last season the FA cup exit at Morcambe coincided with a downturn in form that only ended when Harrison was sacked. I hope History doesn't repeat itself.

In their last three league 1 home games they've won two lost one scoring seven in the process and conceding once.

Personally I think they will double their last home win tally and we'll halve what we scored against Bromley.
:red:

Reading the official site seems we weren’t there just to make up the numbers or park the bus, we had a real go.

Forced changes appeared to work. Would Davies have coped any differently? Wasn’t a fan of Donaldson at the start of the season but to his credit he’s worked really hard and improved immensely, won me over.

Thing is has today’s performance and result given us more questions than answers?

Davies/Anderson
Mclaughlin/Woods
Dinanga/Muir
Wingbacks/fullbacks
and possibly a few more headaches!!!

Excellent outcome but we have to use it as a springboard for our league performances.
:red:

A very good result and the performance was also encouraging by all accounts. I just wish we could put the ball in the net.