Awards night | Vital Football

Awards night

Not sure why it's not been covered or mentioned yet (unless I missed it) but it was the official awards night last night.

John McGinn picked up both Players Player and Supporters Player of the year awards.

Super Jack got Goal of the Season for his goal against Rotherham.... strange choice that one for me... I mean it was good, but John McGinn against Sheff Weds was once of the finest strikes I have EVER seen.

If they didn't want a McGinn clean sweep then I'd have gone for Cafu against Blues. Heck even Grealish v Derby was probably better than Grealish v Rotherham.

Jacob Ramsay got the Academy Player of the Year.

Some woman got an award for something, thing she makes the dinner or something.... :throw:

Love that goal v Rotherham considering where the move started and the context of the game.

All subjectve though SJM v Sheff Weds doesn't mean anything to me because we lost the game , but Alberts tap in in injury time at their place is a great goal in my eyes.

Love that goal v Rotherham considering where the move started and the context of the game.

All subjectve though SJM v Sheff Weds doesn't mean anything to me because we lost the game , but Alberts tap in in injury time at their place is a great goal in my eyes.

Yeah. There is definitely an element to the context of the goal for me aswell. Hutton obviously due to v Blues. But also super Jack's v Derby because it was his first game back and he had huge pressure on him as the return as the prodigal son etc. And just look what we have done since that game.

Jack's v Derby is my favourite .

I just heard John McGinn ran to the ceremony, picked up his first award, ran home to place it on the mantel piece, ran back to the awards, picked up his 2nd award, ran home to put that one in his display cabinet, ran back to the awards, worked behind the bar, cleaned up, closed up then ran to the gym to use the treadmill for an hour.

The Goal of the Season is a bit bizarre isn't it.

I can smell a fix on that one. I don't know anybody who even puts that in the top 5 goals this season.

Every single person I know voted for Hutton. If not Hutton it had to be McGinns. Christ, the Rotherham goal isn't even Grealish's best this season.

Me thinks they didn't want to give McGinn everything, and they thought the Hutton one would stoke up the Villa Blues thing - so they have sodded the vote and just announced the safest option.

It was a great goal don't get me wrong, but as above I think the other 3 were better.

Do we know if it was decided by a public vote? Or did a 'panel' choose it?

Public vote isn't it, I think.

I assumed with the new spirit in the group, most fans were naturally drawn towards a team type goal rather than an individual screamer.

It was a great goal don't get me wrong, but as above I think the other 3 were better.

Do we know if it was decided by a public vote? Or did a 'panel' choose it?

I can't believe the public would have put Jack's Rotherham goal above the others. It was a stunning goal without question, but surely McGinn, Hutton or Jack v Derby would have far more popular appeal?

It's all pretty irrelevant though isn't it, in the grand scheme of things. With a bit of luck, someone will top the lot in added time in the playoff final to secure promotion :wahey::utv:

The winning goal is right up there for me.

Might not look spectacular but it is a great goal from a pure footballing point of view.

Jack on the halfway line penned in against the touchline by 3 players , 30 seconds later it is in the back of the net and the ball didn't leave the ground.

I think it was my favourite because I was there and like you say in the context of the game. At HT we had no hope five mins into the second half we had turned it around.
I've never experienced anything like it at an away game , the roof nearly came off the stand

What a nice argument to have worrying about the great goals we’ve scored this season , mginns was possibly the best technique I’ve ever seen , jacks goal against Rotherham was very important and great skilll , but for me Alan Hutton going through blouse like a knife through butter was the 1 , he’s supposed to be a defender ? all great goals though

Even though we lost, McGinns goal is one of the best I've ever seen and would be No.1 for me too.

Huttons one is the probably the most I've lost my mind to, for all obvious reasons.

And both Jacks goals were sublime, especially the volley against Derby.

An embarrassment of riches this season in the great goals department.

The Vote was on the OS , If the Rotherham one hadn't been there I
would have voted for his Volley from the corner.
I voted for the Rotherham goal as it was a "thinking man's goal" ie it had everything the build-up, the context of the game, Elmo racing 60 yards to get the cross in and the cool finishing and I dropped a tenner jumping up and down hugging strange men :eek!:

The Vote was on the OS , If the Rotherham one hadn't been there I
would have voted for his Volley from the corner.
I voted for the Rotherham goal as it was a "thinking man's goal" ie it had everything the build-up, the context of the game, Elmo racing 60 yards to get the cross in and the cool finishing and I dropped a tenner jumping up and down hugging strange men :eek!:

Funny I found a tenner at Rotherham after some nutter jumped on me . :grinning:

Reactions: BBJ