AVTV Coverage Quality | Vital Football

AVTV Coverage Quality

C&BArmy

Vital Youth Team
Throughout the Ipswich game yesterday the audio was 10 seconds ahead of the video making it impossible to watch without turning the sound off. I've written to AVTV to complain and immediately received an automated reply telling me that someone will get in touch etc etc. In the body of the automated reply though was this.......
AUDIO LATENCY ISSUE - V IPSWICH TOWN
Unfortunately, due to this being lived streamed content that is available via the internet, it is impossible for it to be live in perfectly real-time, and some latency is always going to be there due to the acquisition, encoding and streaming process which takes time. We aim to make the latency as short a time as possible.

Is this true??? Or just the usual bullshit??? Not sure I would have parted with 180 quid if they'd have told me in advance that a 10 second audio latency was a) normal and b) acceptable. I'll have to watch all future games on mute and do my own commentary.....which at least will be an improvement on the twat we have to put up with now.

Throughout the Ipswich game yesterday the audio was 10 seconds ahead of the video making it impossible to watch without turning the sound off. I've written to AVTV to complain and immediately received an automated reply telling me that someone will get in touch etc etc. In the body of the automated reply though was this.......
AUDIO LATENCY ISSUE - V IPSWICH TOWN
Unfortunately, due to this being lived streamed content that is available via the internet, it is impossible for it to be live in perfectly real-time, and some latency is always going to be there due to the acquisition, encoding and streaming process which takes time. We aim to make the latency as short a time as possible.

Is this true??? Or just the usual bullshit??? Not sure I would have parted with 180 quid if they'd have told me in advance that a 10 second audio latency was a) normal and b) acceptable. I'll have to watch all future games on mute and do my own commentary.....which at least will be an improvement on the twat we have to put up with now.
To be perfectly frank, that is an absolutely horse shit response from the club. I was live streaming college sports in the US fifteen years ago, and we had adjustments that we could make to our equipment to ensure that the audio matched up with the video feed. We had a person receiving the feed downstairs giving us feedback and we would adjust “on the fly” if the feed lagged or advanced... The quality of video and audio via AVTV is worse than amateur. I could buy equipment for $1000 total and give me an internet feed and I’d do a better job.... For the money we are paying we deserve far far better. I watched the whole match in silence today because I was getting “audio previews” of what was about to happen. It’s pathetic.
And the camera work was a joke. It was like a drunk search light operator! Not a solitary replay all match either....
Can you please share the email for sending in complaints? I tried multiple times last year and always got the bog-standard BS reply.

No, what they mean is that there will always be a lag behind real-time, that's all. Video and Audio should always be in sync, its just that both may be a few (or 10) seconds behind live events.

It is a shambles and the commentary is utter garbage.

I'm hoping the new people in get our head of media sorted, because at the moment despite what he should be able to do, he is only in charge of part of it. Typical villa, everything split and inefficient.

Thanks GM (and others) for your thoughts....couldn't agree more. The email address you requested GM is avtvsupport@streamamg.com
With modern up-to-date equipment and the correct setting up and checking there should be no reason for a 10 second audio/video lag.
Nobody cares if the feed is 10 seconds behind live so long as the audio/video are in unison. Yesterdays AVTVs 'performance' was hot on the heels of losing video for 15 minutes during the first half of the Wigan game. Just not acceptable.......hoping for a BIG improvement for Wednesday when I'll get up at 2:30am to watch.......

Thanks GM (and others) for your thoughts....couldn't agree more. The email address you requested GM is avtvsupport@streamamg.com
With modern up-to-date equipment and the correct setting up and checking there should be no reason for a 10 second audio/video lag.
Nobody cares if the feed is 10 seconds behind live so long as the audio/video are in unison. Yesterdays AVTVs 'performance' was hot on the heels of losing video for 15 minutes during the first half of the Wigan game. Just not acceptable.......hoping for a BIG improvement for Wednesday when I'll get up at 2:30am to watch.......
Cheers C&B. I’ll send them an email now.

Mr Fear: I know you’ve voiced your concerns in-person and thank you for that. Is there any other suggestions you might have for us to mobilize as a group of overseas fans to express displeasure and have some type of dialogue on this issue?

Just sent this to the club:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing today to express my complete and utter frustration and disappointment with the quality of the AVTV broadcasts, this season, and dating back to last....
On Saturday, the game at Ipswich, the audio feed was a full 5 seconds ahead of the video feed. The camera work was appalling, and the commentary, as always was of an extremely low standard.
There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not being able to synchronize the video/audio feeds. A very basic and inexpensive computer (laptop) based system gives the user and operator the ability to ensure that audio and video feeds are synchronized to account for any “lag” or “advance” of one or other of the feeds. This issue cannot be blamed on internet connection speeds or signal quality. It is just a matter of having the correct equipment and paying attention to the output from said equipment.
On Saturday I had to watch the match on mute once I realized that the commentator was essentially “previewing” everything that was about to show on the video feed.
On the subject of the commentator, can we please do something about getting an individual with knowledge and passion for AVFC? This is AVTV after all! A slight bias toward the Villa is perfectly acceptable! Even the addition of a “colour” commentator such as a former player, would help! Ask the commentator to follow the action.
I have experience with live streaming of collegiate sporting events in the USA and was doing live broadcasts of multiple events as far back as 2003. We had better quality back then for free broadcasts of amateur sports!
I am paying far too much money to see these broadcasts for such an abysmal quality of product.
If your staff would like some assistance or advice on how to perform to a higher standard, I offer my consultation for FREE and will pay my way to Villa Park to help...

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!
Sent from my iPhone

Well worded and congrats for doing something positive GM. Too many moan then don't follow with doing something about it.

I had emailed them after Wigan where I just got static color bars for 10 minutes or so, never received a response. I then tweeted at them and they suggested I email them. Nothing done about it.

I will email again now with the update from the Ipswich debacle, because I also ended up just sitting on mute to watch the match. At least last season they refunded a match where they acknowledged they screwed up, although I doubt they will do the same this year.

Including mine, that's 3 emails sent to the club since the Ipswich game. Please keep this thread updated if/when you get a response. I for one am not giving up on this....it's not necessarily a monetary issue (although obviously in part it is), but more a demand for a level of professionalism, quality and service befitting this great club of ours.

Well... I just got this email:

"Michael , £6.00 has been refunded to your card Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-7361 because Satellite Live Feed Error . Refunds may take up to seven days to appear on your card.

For any doubts, please get in touch with us.

Enjoy the season!

The AVFC Team"

Well... I just got this email:

"Michael , £6.00 has been refunded to your card Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-7361 because Satellite Live Feed Error . Refunds may take up to seven days to appear on your card.

For any doubts, please get in touch with us.

Enjoy the season!

The AVFC Team"
Just got the same email... decent gesture. Still much rather they assure fans that they are the investing in the equipment and personnel to remedy the numerous problems, but I guess it’s better than a kick in the head...

Does the AVTV run on the I follow streaming service ?
If so I don't know how this will afect you guys

The English Football League will stream matches live online in the UK and Ireland for the first time on Tuesday.
The service, for midweek games outside of bank holidays and not shown live on Sky Sports, will cost £10 per match.
Fans will be able to view a game via their team's digital platform iFollow, used by 58 of the 72 EFL clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45248695

I should have read on a bit further as Villa have not signed up to it doh Hitting

Last edited:
Villa are one of the few who said screw you to the iFollow platform, as a result the fans are getting screwed