6. Tayo Edun 6.41
7. Liam Bridcutt 6.33
8. Cian Bolger 6.08
9. Neal Eardley 5.91
10. Jake Hesketh 5.58
11. Jason Shackell 5.50
12. Harry Anderson 4.66

Average team score: 6.24

Interesting - Jake Hesketh apart, the bottom four are the ‘experienced’ players - seems we feel the same way as MA. Is it possible they’ve been told (or they perceive) they are out of here at the end of the season and are thus less motivated 🤔. Nice that the manager says what he thinks but there is another aspect to be open & honest(all my speculation & apologies if I’ve assumed anything wrong). On the other hand, fight for your place and you may be pleasantly surprised with a new contract 👍

Interesting - Jake Hesketh apart, the bottom four are the ‘experienced’ players - seems we feel the same way as MA. Is it possible they’ve been told (or they perceive) they are out of here at the end of the season and are thus less motivated 🤔. Nice that the manager says what he thinks but there is another aspect to be open & honest(all my speculation & apologies if I’ve assumed anything wrong). On the other hand, fight for your place and you may be pleasantly surprised with a new contract 👍

The defence has actually been pretty good this season. I have seen no “less motivated defenders”.

We have played 27 matches under Appleton I think and have conceded 1 goal or less on 20 occasions. Considering we are apparently shipping goals left right and centre from playing out from the back and have no real height in midfield or upfront to help defend set pieces, overall the defenders must have been occasionally doing something right.