Available NOW: Lincoln City FC Material Face Mask Coverings | Page 3 | Vital Football

Available NOW: Lincoln City FC Material Face Mask Coverings

So you don't care if you infect other people and they might die then? Nice.

If the masks are preventing deaths, why have they not been made mandatory immediately? Instead of waiting until the 24th?

Did you wear face coverings in public places prior to covid, after all this isn’t the first virus that can be fatal.

I also won’t be entering any sort of entertainment venue where a face mask is required.

Most masks have a limited time of being effective (well under the time of a football match), especially when they get moist.

"If the masks are preventing deaths, why have they not been made mandatory immediately? Instead of waiting until the 24th?"

You'd better ask Boris Johnson that.

"Did you wear face coverings in public places prior to covid, after all this isn’t the first virus that can be fatal."

No. But coronavirus is significantly more infectious and lethal than the usual seasonal viruses. there's a whole thread on it in off-topic, if you're interested.

"I also won’t be entering any sort of entertainment venue where a face mask is required."

Absolutely your choice.

"Most masks have a limited time of being effective (well under the time of a football match), especially when they get moist."

Source?

If the masks are preventing deaths, why have they not been made mandatory immediately? Instead of waiting until the 24th?

Did you wear face coverings in public places prior to covid, after all this isn’t the first virus that can be fatal.

I also won’t be entering any sort of entertainment venue where a face mask is required.

Most masks have a limited time of being effective (well under the time of a football match), especially when they get moist.

Science isn't instant, it takes time to work things out and come to accurate conclusions.

Don't mistake our governments incompetence for science, I think the clue you should be looking towards is what do doctors and hospital staff wear when they don't want to be infected during the course of their everyday duties without even the presence of Covid19? But then I don't recall there being a virus that killed somewhere between 0.5% and 1% of those infected by it before, or cutting a swathe through our available ICU bed totals

Any mask is better than no mask, however ineffective according to the science.

"If the masks are preventing deaths, why have they not been made mandatory immediately? Instead of waiting until the 24th?"

You'd better ask Boris Johnson that.

"Did you wear face coverings in public places prior to covid, after all this isn’t the first virus that can be fatal."

No. But coronavirus is significantly more infectious and lethal than the usual seasonal viruses. there's a whole thread on it in off-topic, if you're interested.

"I also won’t be entering any sort of entertainment venue where a face mask is required."

Absolutely your choice.

"Most masks have a limited time of being effective (well under the time of a football match), especially when they get moist."

Source?

So your ok with the potential of passing on other other viruses (that still have the potential to be fatal), but draw the line at covid? I find that rather hypocritical giving how judgy you are being towards people who aren’t wearing masks.

How far do you go? Make everyone shave facial hair, as this has been thought to increase the spread of the covid.

A mask wet with exhaled moisture has increased resistance to airflow, is less efficient at filtering bacteria and has increased venting. Current recommendations are that a new surgical mask is used for each surgical case and that they should be changed when wet (National Association of Theatre Nurses, 1998)”

Science isn't instant, it takes time to work things out and come to accurate conclusions.

Don't mistake our governments incompetence for science, I think the clue you should be looking towards is what do doctors and hospital staff wear when they don't want to be infected during the course of their everyday duties without even the presence of Covid19? But then I don't recall there being a virus that killed somewhere between 0.5% and 1% of those infected by it before, or cutting a swathe through our available ICU bed totals

Any mask is better than no mask, however ineffective according to the science.

Don’t think you can compare working in a hospital environment to being at a football match for level of PPE worn.

We best all start wearing a new pair of medical gloves after every contact with anyone else in that case - because that’s what doctors and hospital staff do to prevent infection.

It would certainly be the safest thing, I put a new pair of gloves on when I get out of the car to go shopping and take them off when I've opened the car door to get back in...

So your ok with the potential of passing on other other viruses (that still have the potential to be fatal), but draw the line at covid? I find that rather hypocritical giving how judgy you are being towards people who aren’t wearing masks.

How far do you go? Make everyone shave facial hair, as this has been thought to increase the spread of the covid.

A mask wet with exhaled moisture has increased resistance to airflow, is less efficient at filtering bacteria and has increased venting. Current recommendations are that a new surgical mask is used for each surgical case and that they should be changed when wet (National Association of Theatre Nurses, 1998)”

Well, we all draw the line somewhere. I'm not sure what other viruses you're talking about but if it's 'flu I get the vaccine every year and do self-isolate on the very rare occasions I have caught it (once in 20 years, I think) to try to prevent infecting colleagues and other people.

You seem well up the judgy stuff, yourself, though. ;)

I feel by taking the precautions we've all been doing that we have probably reduced the spread of other viruses / flu / germs whilst concentrating on Covid 19.
I usually suffer some form of cold or flu like symptoms in winter or summer but I've been fine so far since last year. Hand sanitiser and social distancing are the future not just the present.

Well, we all draw the line somewhere. I'm not sure what other viruses you're talking about but if it's 'flu I get the vaccine every year and do self-isolate on the very rare occasions I have caught it (once in 20 years, I think) to try to prevent infecting colleagues and other people.

You seem well up the judgy stuff, yourself, though. ;)

I’m the proverbial pot 😉😂

Yes, deadly serious!!

I also get fed up of having to spell my email address - it includes "lindum", and unless I'm speaking to people in Lincoln, they invariably want to spell it wrong. Surprisingly very few people know their Roman history!!:hmmm:

Now on the subject of Lindum, is there a definitive answer to the meaning of Lindum ?

Lin can clearly come from Welsh/Celtic for lake or pool (the Brayford?). The Dum half could be either from Dun - hill, or Du(bh) - Black.

So possible Lindum is Blackpool (and actually Dublin does indeed mean Blackpool). Or else Lindum could mean hill by the pool.

Any latin/celtic scholars on here?

Last edited:
Look good, but the thick tight straps don't 'work' well with my glasses so it's back to the comfort of disposables for me. Happy to have 'supported their small business' and donation to LCFC