AV40 - 40th anniversary tribute | Page 6 | Vital Football

AV40 - 40th anniversary tribute

Sadly, thoroughly nice man Eamonn Deacy won't be at Villa Park today to celebrate the 40th anniversary of winning the European Cup in 1982.

Let's not forget him today.

UTV.

Aston Villa News: Remembering European Cup legend Eamonn 'Chick' Deacy after death
Villa used only 14 players throughout their successful league campaign with Deacy one of that select bunch

Over a stellar career, Eamonn “Chick” Deacy lined out for Ireland, won the English First Division as well as that 1982 European Cup with Aston Villa before returning home, weaving himself into the history and heart of Galway United whose stadium now bears his name.

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/sport/astonvillanews-eamonndeacy-football-galwayunited-europeancup-6634423

Right Lads sad to report the" man in the hat" was Brendan Ormsby who can no longer talk and is in a nursing home. He's younger than me he's only 61.
What bloody shame a forgotten man

Yesterday finally put me in the mindset that we should have 'Theme from an Unmade Silent Movie' as our walkout music. I wasn't keen before but there's just something so 'Villa' about it.

Also I wish we could make that kind of atmosphere the norm on a matchday. Such a shame that the club don't give people like Project B6 a helping hand to make that happen.

A great tribute to the lads. I had a great feeling of pride and belonging watching that. The years rolled back. I hope the newest generation of Villa fans can have memories that equal the achievements of the Boys of 88.

Right Lads sad to report the" man in the hat" was Brendan Ormsby who can no longer talk and is in a nursing home. He's younger than me he's only 61.
What bloody shame a forgotten man

Yes worked it out yesterday by process of elimination.

Heard the weekend that John Deehan is suffering from early signs of dementia as well.

Wonder where Tony Morley was. He’s usually at most of these gatherings and I believe he’s fairly local.

Apart from Jimmy Rimmer as well who I believe isn’t in great health, was anyone else missing??

Wonder where Tony Morley was. He’s usually at most of these gatherings and I believe he’s fairly local.

Apart from Jimmy Rimmer as well who I believe isn’t in great health, was anyone else missing??

I think Tony had cancer down below, not sure if it was to do with that as it was a couple of years ago now or perhaps more.