Autumn 2017 Chat | Vital Football

Autumn 2017 Chat

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
I've seen some leaves falling off trees so it must be Autumn!

What have you been up to?
What do you want to do this Autumn?
Anything exciting happening this Autumn?

Share it with us on here - because we are nosey!!!

Today I've been to Cleethorpes - it's twenty-five years since I've been and it could be another twenty-five until I go back!!!

It was shut! We walked along the front - there was a rock stall open, then we walked along the front the other way and there was the amusements and one small cafe open. The fish restaurant on the pier was open and we ate there - it was very good and would recommend it to anyone going to Cleethorpes. We went on the train and was expecting to get back about 7ish - but we caught two trains earlier back home.

Got to say it was nice to walk along the front when the sun was out but was a bit chilly when it disappeared behind the clouds. Didn't go into the town so there might have been a hustle and bustle there.

We never saw the 'sea'!

The other half, who has never liked Cleethorpes, says I am being a bit harsh on the place.

It is flat which helps with the old knees so that's one thing - and if you have dogs it will be very good - there's one part of the beach open all year round for dog walking, I overhead someone say.

Home again from a few days in London with my daughter and family. Had a lovely time but sad to have missed the 5 goals!!

We are also home from a trip to Newcastle to see my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. We went to the park and also took my granddaughter's cousin, Zac, who is 10 months old.

Had a busy week!

Met up with a friend on Monday for an hour to pass birthday cards over.
Tuesday shopping with another friend in the morning and out with two friends in the afternoon
Day off for good behaviour on Wednesday!
Thursday morning opened the curtains in the bedroom and the wood that holds the rail on came down - three trips to the DIY place and after two things didn't work (and thinking we'd have to get a little man in ) we discovered 'No Nails' - well, not convinced we stood and watched the rail and it's stopped up (so far, fingers crossed, looking for a black cat to touch etc). A friend I used to work with at BSC, forty years ago, came over and we went out for lunch to local pub.
Friday morning supermarket shop, Mum-in-Laws to do her some cleaning and then went to fish and chip restaurant. In the evening we went to another ex-work colleague's 50th Wedding Anniversary party.

And today off to Rochdale shortly!

Been here and there again this week - Tuesday and Wednesday we spent in Newcastle playing with our granddaughter. Thursday I was at my Mum-in-Laws a lot of the day doing odds and ends and doing her shopping. Friday we did our own shopping (I find when I do both together I tend to forget what I want!) Saturday match and when I got home son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter were here. We looked after the little one while Mum and Dad went to Pondicherry up the road for a birthday meal - Mum's birthday. They left around 1045 this morning to go to meet up with relatives in Leeds. I've put things back like travel cot etc and tidied away - although I've just seen half my pantry under the table where she put the tins to stack them!

I'm doing very little next week!!!

How's everyone else's week been?

Had an unusually quiet week.

Sunday a lazy day although had a couple of good walks with Minnie.
Went to West Yorkshire on Monday to visit my aunt who is 92.
Tuesday I met a friend for coffee then went to visit my Mum. Called and had the car washed on the way home and then went to do some supermarket shopping.
Wednesday pottering in the garden and a LITTLE housework.
Thursday went to a talk by a medicinal herbalist - listening to that I don't know why we need doctors! lol. Then later had a nice meal at the Sitwell.
Friday waited all morning for a call from the GP and then to E'Lupo's lovely meal and Friday is music night, very enjoyable.
Then yesterday - well a very enjoyable afternoon at NYS!

Perhaps it wasn't as quiet as it seemed!

I went to town this morning with a list of five things - two of which I forgot to do! Isn't that flippin' annoying! Had an hour cutting back bushes in the garden and putting dead plants in the green bin - last one next week until April (wish they'd extend it by a month)

Shopping in the morning and got odds and ends to do in the house and a visit to the post office - nothing planned for Wednesday but will probably end up doing some jobs for Mum-in-Law while other half is at the optician. Hair dressers on Thursday. Other half has early hospital visit on Friday, then normal supermarket shopping for the weekend.

Daughter and partner are arriving sometime Saturday and on Sunday we are out for lunch.

This was my quiet week!

Had a nice but busy week on a six day cruise.

Early start to Sheffield to catch National Express to London (it was supposed to be Meadowhall but got a message the day before to say as road closed near Meadowhall for works it had moved to Sheffield). Then from Victoria, cruise shuttle to Tilbury - both of which were very efficient.

Set off on Tuesday night to Amsterdam - did a river cruise and went to Rijksmuseum

Thursday in Antwerp - very nice place and fantastic cathedral

Friday cruising the Seine. It was a cricket tour so we went to 'lectures' and games with the likes of David Gower, Chris Cowdray etc and Nick Hancock was also there.

Saturday in Rouen - very nice and Sunday in Hon Fleur again in France and lovely fishing village.

Only disappointment was that I wanted to go to Monet's house but it was further than we thought and a lot of travelling for little time there - so that's still on my list to do!

Found a mate for Zip!

Just been for a walk with Minnie and passed a house with a large Christmas tree in the front window, beautifully decorated and lit up, and coloured lights on the trees inthe garden!

5 weeks tomorrow Christmas day!

Zip's had his up at least two weeks!

I've actually found the tree which I had no recollection of putting away last year. We got a new one last year. And I actually wrapped three presents this morning! Unfortunately, it's all come to a standstill now! But have found out who is where and when over Christmas so we are going to order a turkey crown tomorrow.

G’day Caz, I see that you and the tanner are still managing to get a bit of gossiping done eh. :15:
Just called in to say hello. Been a long time since I dropped in to this great site and good to see you all well and happy.
Have had a bit of a problem health wise myself but am a lot better now.
Will try and get in more to see everyone.
Stay safe and take care to all.
BTW it is autumn here also and it is warming up just fine.

Well how do, Oz!

Sorry to hear you've not been well but hope you are now on the mend.

It's bloomin' freezin' here!

Nice to hear from you again Oz.
We could do with some "new blood'' on here!

Do you have connections with Rotherham in your dim and distant past?