Australia and New Zealand rAdeR | Vital Football

Australia and New Zealand rAdeR

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
A lot in press about new trade agreements,Concerns about meat products being sub standard any truth in it

A lot in press about new trade agreements,Concerns about meat products being sub standard any truth in it

Yep. Plus the carbon cost of shipping stuff around the world. If the Netherlands with a much higher population density than ours can be a net exporter of food why don't we produce more of our own?

Our trouble is we want cheap food rather than Quality but ours is better than either..

Wrong again Prem. Our apples might be the best in the world but our tomatoes cannot compare with Spain's. We produce some amazing stuff and some only fit to feed livestock. The same is true the world over. Usually organically grown and reared traditional varieties are superior to commercial varieties with a longer shelf life.Interestingly our artisinal cheesemakers now travel to France to teach the French.

Wrong again Prem. Our apples might be the best in the world but our tomatoes cannot compare with Spain's. We produce some amazing stuff and some only fit to feed livestock. The same is true the world over. Usually organically grown and reared traditional varieties are superior to commercial varieties with a longer shelf life.Interestingly our artisinal cheesemakers now travel to France to teach the French.
Fylde and Blackpool Tomatoes superb I used to sell them Spanish rubbish,the best Apples came from the Cape my younger son used stipulate to the wholesaler if they sent French they would be sent straight back...They discriminated against our meat products.

Fylde and Blackpool Tomatoes superb I used to sell them Spanish rubbish,the best Apples came from the Cape my younger son used stipulate to the wholesaler if they sent French they would be sent straight back...They discriminated against our meat products.

My god, did covid affect your taste buds back then? You are a gastronomic philistine or you have never eaten Spanish tomatoes in Spain. As for those cardboard tasting Cape apples....even as a child this gourmet rejected them as "Woolsworth" apples.

Cape Granny Smiths excellent followed by Chile Grannies,as for Spanish tomato’s very poor shelf life,Polish tomatoes O.K. But Fylde and Blackpool superb most producers killed of by the E.U.....

Shelf life? Say no more. Thick skinned tasteless crap that is more profitable for the epitome of the Nation of Grocers.

What one man likes another does not necessarily like what is as freedom of choice...I see your lot are picketing McDonalds stopping food distribution not my choice but loved by millions.I see another lot demonstrates in London have they nothing better to do.Are you demonstrating in Bath over the mis deeds of the Roman Empire ?

In Bath we still resent the fact that the Romans got soft and stopped feeding Christians to the Lions.

All free choices have consequences.

You know I'm not a great Aussie supporter but Australia does produce some of the best fruit, veg and beef anywhere in the World. And as for Kiwi lamb....mmmmmmmmm!

Kiwi lamb? Excellent stuff but shipping such stuff around a world desperately trying to reduce carbon emissions is crazy.:silly:

The simple reality is that all wine producing areas produce a range of quality from superb to good, to indifferent, to poor. Nationalistic characterisation of production is unhelpful to someone exploring the wonderful world of wine. The only real question should be, WHAT WOULD JERRY YATES DRINK ?

The simple reality is that all wine producing areas produce a range of quality from superb to good, to indifferent, to poor. Nationalistic characterisation of production is unhelpful to someone exploring the wonderful world of wine. The only real question should be, WHAT WOULD JERRY YATES DRINK ?
Non alcoholic hopefully until after the match and he can then hopefully celebrate our Victory.