Aurier confirms he wants away.. | Vital Football

Aurier confirms he wants away..

Spursex

Alert Team
Aurier confirms he's Off..

Serge Aurier has suggested to L’Equipe (via Le 10 Sport) that he is looking to leave Spurs this summer, insisting that he would have signed a new contract by now if he was keen to extend his stay.
Aurier spent much of this past season as Tottenham’s first-choice right-back. However, he did not quite manage to silence all of his doubters during the campaign.

As noted by Foot Mercato, his contract with Spurs expires next summer. And he has been linked with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid.
Foot Mercato reported earlier this week that Leonardo had his concerns about signing Aurier.
Celtic fans left short-changed by Sky Sports once again

But the 28-year-old seems to have more than opened the door for a potential move, seemingly confirming that he has reached the end of the road with Spurs.

“Without tongue in cheek, everyone is aware that if I wanted to extend to Tottenham, I would have done so already,” he told L’Equipe. “I’m not going to do it in six months. I have known the Premier League, a C1 final. I have reached the end of a cycle and it is time to look elsewhere.”
Spurs will welcome Aurier bids, particularly after he confesses he’s looking to leave
Tottenham were always likely to listen to offers for Aurier – who earns £70,000-a-week, according to Spotrac – this summer given his contract situation.
So his admission may not quite spark a huge amount of shock amongst Spurs fans.
And in truth, some will probably welcome Aurier’s comments as they certainly place him closer to the exit.
When he is at his best, Aurier is an outstanding player. And he has produced some amazing performances this season.
However, it would surely be a really poor decision to try and keep him beyond this summer.
The gulf between his best and worst performances is scary at times. And he has made a number of costly mistakes during his time in North London.
It is best for all concerned if Spurs sell him this summer and look for the kind of right-back who can offer the kind of consistency they desperately need after a turbulent couple of years.

Going forward Aurier can be brilliant but he suffers with minimal concentration skills and is always prone to giving a penalty away. First and foremost a RB needs to be able to defend and he isn’t a great defender.
I’ll be far more comfortable with him moved on

Too prone to mistakes. I like Tang better. Not to mention he seems to me to be a bit of a distraction...and arrogant.

Cash in and move on

There's nothing quality about Aurier. Doesn't have the touch, skill or football brain to be an elite RB. A typical example of a modern footballer who is a great athlete and very hard working on the training ground. Still constantly gets caught walking back as the ball hits our net.

Won't be missed at all, but nice if we get a few quid for him.