Audio - Smith Satisfied After Fulham | Vital Football

Audio - Smith Satisfied After Fulham

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Head coach Dean Smith has declared himself 'thoroughly satisfied' following victory over Fulham earlier today.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?445077">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

And so he should be, that was a great first 45 minutes which drew memories of 1992.

Strange team Fulham, they have some good players and a strong squad ( leaving out their number 5 from that) but they seem very poor as a team.

Unusally for us we gave them a lot of possession but had over 30 shots at goal to their 14 (only 2 on target) which says a lot about the game.

We seem to score only great goals with Hogan looking a bit if a steal now. Back 5 were immense today I thought and a great debut for young Field.

What a day that was, seeing the old place packed out and rocking to a famous win against the neighbours - special stuff that is. Fulham serve as a shining example of incompetence on and off the pitch, spending an absolute fortune in the process. If ever encouragement was needed to show that MB's judgement and plans for our club are sound, it was on display yesterday. We blooded a home grown bees supporting kid, Scott Hogan added to his growing reputation, and the new boys all stepped up. Our threadbare squad wanted it more than them and were it not for sensible pragmatism we'd have run riot.

I have to give huge credit to concerned for the turn around in the last 6 weeks, and for holding their nerve when some, including myself thought we were in real trouble.

Seriously I absolutely believe we can compete with all these big spending clubs around us, by doing things our way, with a few lessons learned. Renew your season tickets, get involved and let's look forward to even better things to come.

Glad you mamaged a little celebration in Oakland Spanish, have you been to Quinn's lighthouse for a beer yet?

Coyb